Turn on thread page Beta

Not Going to Interview? watch

• View Poll Results: Should I go with saying anything?
    Yes
    75.00%
    Contact them first
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a uni that I no longer want to go to. I've downloaded all the information they gave me but there's no information on how I can withdraw my application for that uni.
    Should I simply just miss the interview? As they said if I didn't attend they would withdraw my application from UCAS.
    I'm wondering if I did this, the other unis I have applied for would know? And would it give a bad reflection on me if I did?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevans134)
    I have applied for a uni that I no longer want to go to. I've downloaded all the information they gave me but there's no information on how I can withdraw my application for that uni.
    Should I simply just miss the interview? As they said if I didn't attend they would withdraw my application from UCAS.
    I'm wondering if I did this, the other unis I have applied for would know? And would it give a bad reflection on me if I did?

Thanks in advance
    If you don't want to attend, it's common courtesy to contact the uni beforehand and let them know. Just not turning up is a pretty lame thing to do.

The other unis won't find out, no. Good luck with your other applications!

note: I'd advise you to attend - even if you're sure you don't want to go to that university - as the interview experience and feedback may be invaluable to you in later life.

ReputationRep:
    I'd echo M_E_X's advise here; attend the interview just the experience could be very valuable to you, you've got nothing to lose by attending.

If you decide not to go then just give them a quick call out of courtesy to let them know then withdraw on UCAS track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    If you don't want to attend, it's common courtesy to contact the uni beforehand and let them know. Just not turning up is a pretty lame thing to do.

The other unis won't find out, no. Good luck with your other applications!

note: I'd advise you to attend - even if you're sure you don't want to go to that university - as the interview experience and feedback may be invaluable to you in later life.
    Sorry... I know this is completely irrelevant to this thread, but... I just saw your sig and it is AMAZING!! It just took me right back to my childhood lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    I'd echo M_E_X's advise here; attend the interview just the experience could be very valuable to you, you've got nothing to lose by attending.

If you decide not to go then just give them a quick call out of courtesy to let them know then withdraw on UCAS track.
    kexy agrees with Mexy...the thread is *cannot find a third rhyme to complete this lame post*...

(Original post by moomin_love)
    Sorry... I know this is completely irrelevant to this thread, but... I just saw your sig and it is AMAZING!! It just took me right back to my childhood lol
    Haha. Pinky and the brain brain brain brain....Pinky and the brain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    kexy agrees with Mexy...the thread is *cannot find a third rhyme to complete this lame post*...

Haha. Pinky and the brain brain brain brain....Pinky and the brain!
    ... sexy?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.