Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    LSB told me on track that I had an interview on 5th march, came up on 5th January but today I went on track and it told me that i was unsuccessful!!! i rang them up and they said it was a mistake putting me through as interview im so annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That sucks! I hate it when universities make mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    That sucks! I hate it when universities make mistakes.

I'm so annoyed, I'm going to write a letter of complaint to the university!

ReputationRep:
    Woah, you got rejected by LSB?!
    Omdz, now I really have heard everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    I'm so annoyed, I'm going to write a letter of complaint to the university!
    I would too! A similar thing happened to me last year. A uni sent me a questionnaire but then rejected me. I asked them why and they said my predicted grades weren't high enough, so why did they send me the questionnaire?! Pfft.

ReputationRep:
    lol u got boyed

ReputationRep:
    That's so unfair, definitely complain, i would be livid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sicko)
    lol u got boyed

LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I would too! A similar thing happened to me last year. A uni sent me a questionnaire but then rejected me. I asked them why and they said my predicted grades weren't high enough, so why did they send me the questionnaire?! Pfft.

I have more qualifications than the requirements they asked for on child nursing! And I have plenty of experience. I'm just rather annoyed. How can they possible make a mistake and took one month to notice it! I accepted the interview and everything!

ReputationRep:
    That is really annoying! Definitely send them a letter.

Some uni's are funny like that or you might of been up against someone who had more years experience that made them decide! I don't know, just try keep your chin up! I know it's not nice getting rejected
    Have you got other choices/interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    That is really annoying! Definitely send them a letter.

Some uni's are funny like that or you might of been up against someone who had more years experience that made them decide! I don't know, just try keep your chin up! I know it's not nice getting rejected
    Have you got other choices/interviews?

City university adult nursing on the 10th but if LSB doesnt even want me, i doubt city will!

ReputationRep:
    City university adult nursing on the 10th but if LSB doesnt even want me, i doubt city will!
    Nah, each institution looks for different things and have different criteria for candidates to meet. I was rejected by a University toward the bottom of the league tables but was given an unconditional offer from one at the top. Good luck for the 10th

ReputationRep:
    I've just been on the nursing 2010 thread and noticed that your LSB choice was for child nursing! That's probably why! They have very few places and it's more competitive than adult!
    I also got rejected for childrens and accepted for adult!
    So try not to worry!

ReputationRep:
    I've just been on the nursing 2010 thread and noticed that your LSB choice was for child nursing! That's probably why! They have very few places and it's more competitive than adult!
    I also got rejected for childrens and accepted for adult!
    So try not to worry!

Thanks, I try not too. I'm just annoyed at them, I have been preparing myself for the interview, writing down answers to questions that I think may come up but now it has just been a waste! damn

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I try not too. I'm just annoyed at them, I have been preparing myself for the interview, writing down answers to questions that I think may come up but now it has just been a waste! damn
    I know it hard I got rejected for childrens without having an interview and also got rejected after having an interview! It did knock me down a bit! But you have to try and not let it! just concentrate on the others! Fight for a place!!

Have you tried ringing them up and asking the reason why you got rejected, if so what did they say?

ReputationRep:
    I know it hard I got rejected for childrens without having an interview and also got rejected after having an interview! It did knock me down a bit! But you have to try and not let it! just concentrate on the others! Fight for a place!!

Have you tried ringing them up and asking the reason why you got rejected, if so what did they say?

I rang them up, asking what was happening. They said they had no record of them giving me an interview, however I told them that I accepted the invitation. The admin weren't nice to me. So I have written a letter of complaint to the director of the course.

ReputationRep:
    I rang them up, asking what was happening. They said they had no record of them giving me an interview, however I told them that I accepted the invitation. The admin weren't nice to me. So I have written a letter of complaint to the director of the course.

Yeah.. but why did they reject your application?

Its very wrong that they can get things wrong like that!!!

I had been given an interview at one Uni and got rejected, I rang around clearing time to see if they had any last min places and they gave me another interview!! But they had forgotton that I got rejected the first time until they realised at the interview! I thought they knew and were giving me a second chance or something! I was so annoyed! - I took the day off work and travelled all that way! So I wasn't very happy with them!!

I think they have so many applications that some uni's can get very un-organised!! Keep us informed of the reply you get back from your letter! Would be good to know what they say!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. but why did they reject your application?

Its very wrong that they can get things wrong like that!!!

I had been given an interview at one Uni and got rejected, I rang around clearing time to see if they had any last min places and they gave me another interview!! But they had forgotton that I got rejected the first time until they realised at the interview! I thought they knew and were giving me a second chance or something! I was so annoyed! - I took the day off work and travelled all that way! So I wasn't very happy with them!!

I think they have so many applications that some uni's can get very un-organised!! Keep us informed of the reply you get back from your letter! Would be good to know what they say!
    Will do, I didn't get a chance to ask why their rejected me. I was in shock when they told it was a mistake! In my letter, I did ask why. So hopefully they will give me some answers

ReputationRep:
    oohhhhh falst hopes a ***** aint it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.