Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Didn't hear back after citi AC watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I went to AC for Credit Risk GIRM at citi last thursday and they said they'd call us all by tomorow but so far they havn't done anything.

I've been in touch with the other candidates and seems like they havn't got any feedback either.

I know its possible that they will have offered other people... but there were 10 of us in that group fighting for I think 3 places, so someone should have heard back so far...

Anyways should I call HR?

ReputationRep:
    well, tomorrow isnt here yet. So, if you dont hear back by tomorrow afternoon, then I would suggest that you give Catherine a call around 5pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibd_haunter)
    well, tomorrow isnt here yet. So, if you dont hear back by tomorrow afternoon, then I would suggest that you give Catherine a call around 5pm.
    You mean Katherine Personally I think you could give a call to Luciana (at least she is a manager) and just kindly ask for news. Shows atleast you care.

P.S NERVA10 here =P

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks, i'm guessing the number is easily findable on google/citi's websiet

ReputationRep:
    It's in your login on the citi website. I think where it says virtual interview zone or something. You should be able to see it there. If you were rejected they send an email within two working days (I know!!) so I would take it as a good sign.

Don't be suprised if they ask for a follow up interview. Hope you get it okay.

ReputationRep:
    THanks, what division was yours for?? And you mean follow up interview after an AC whoa!! It formal or phone? thanks in advance

(Original post by yummy_baby)
    It's in your login on the citi website. I think where it says virtual interview zone or something. You should be able to see it there. If you were rejected they send an email within two working days (I know!!) so I would take it as a good sign.

Don't be suprised if they ask for a follow up interview. Hope you get it okay.

ReputationRep:
    IBD. Over the phone. I know some people who are still waiting for their phone call as its at the managers convenience.

It's informal. They just want to see if you will make a good business match for them so I guess they'll just be checking for your motivation to work there and possibly what you know about them. (I went for an interview for risk at Credit Suisse and they asked me what I knew about that department and what they do! Thankfully I prepared!)

It really does depend though - if someone at the AC likes you, you won't have to do that follow up interview BUT it is a possibility especially in final recruiting stages! I'd say you should really wait and see....

ReputationRep:
    haha now your scaring me, so they might just randomly call and ask questions!!

IBD. Over the phone. I know some people who are still waiting for their phone call as its at the managers convenience.

It's informal. They just want to see if you will make a good business match for them so I guess they'll just be checking for your motivation to work there and possibly what you know about them. (I went for an interview for risk at Credit Suisse and they asked me what I knew about that department and what they do! Thankfully I prepared!)

It really does depend though - if someone at the AC likes you, you won't have to do that follow up interview BUT it is a possibility especially in final recruiting stages! I'd say you should really wait and see....

ReputationRep:
    No they'd arrange a mutually convenient time. Don't be scared. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked there was nothing on Citi on this forum but suddenly tonns poped up. I think Citi ACs are all happening now.

No they'd arrange a mutually convenient time. Don't be scared. You'll be fine.
    A follow up interview? I thought AC would be enough. Just wondering do you know usually how many days after your AC do people tend to hear the outcome. It's my first AC and I'm a bit anxious for the results. Checking my phone every now and then.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Basically in the AC sometimes you get hiring manager other times you don't. If someone at an AC likes you but don't have a position for you they put you forward to another team. So the manager there who has a position calls you and sees if you would make a good fit in their team. It means you passed the AC part but now it's about matching you to a team that you will be successful in. As I say, it doesn't apply to everyone. You are right and you could be just successful straight after the AC.

As for the outcome, I don't know...I think that depends. Although I do hear from most that if Citi are to reject they do it quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda-size)
    Last time I checked there was nothing on Citi on this forum but suddenly tonns poped up. I think Citi ACs are all happening now.

A follow up interview? I thought AC would be enough. Just wondering do you know usually how many days after your AC do people tend to hear the outcome. It's my first AC and I'm a bit anxious for the results. Checking my phone every now and then.

Thanks
    AC results can take about 4-5working days. If they haven't got back to you in 4-5 days give them a polite call (you will most likely need to call them often to get through to them).

ReputationRep:
    hmmm thats weird because I've spoken to the other candidates (3 out of the 5 in our group) and nobodies been rejected... can't possibly mean we're all under consideration? Looks like I need to call HR, or do you think it'll make no difference?

ReputationRep:
    Providing the time has lapsed since they told you they will give you an offer, it's worth giving a call. Prior to that, they might get annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    As I say, it doesn't apply to everyone. You are right and you could be just successful straight after the AC.

As for the outcome, I don't know...I think that depends. Although I do hear from most that if Citi are to reject they do it quickly.
    Thanks for the clarification. Would you say in an AC performance interviews are more important than say the group discussion? Is it more about how you striked the right note with the interviwer?

(Original post by Neocortex)
    AC results can take about 4-5working days. If they haven't got back to you in 4-5 days give them a polite call (you will most likely need to call them often to get through to them).
    4-5 days fell long. But I will have to bear with it. Thanks for letting me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda-size)
    Thanks for the clarification. Would you say in an AC performance interviews are more important than say the group discussion? Is it more about how you striked the right note with the interviwer?

4-5 days fell long. But I will have to bear with it. Thanks for letting me know!
    At current job market, you'll need to be at your best at every task you have carried out in the AC. i.e. be the no.1 out of your group of 5...

ReputationRep:
    citi has sent out rejections for CMO summer internship. 7 days after AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neocortex)
    At current job market, you'll need to be at your best at every task you have carried out in the AC. i.e. be the no.1 out of your group of 5...

I would add that in the current job market, even being #1 in your group does not guarantee a job/internship since they judge your overall fit and not necessarily your knowledge and skills. So keep trying if IB is your goal even if the going gets tough

ReputationRep:
    It's monday again. Any news anyone?

ReputationRep:
    rejected! The lady was nice though, ah well it probs wouldnt have worked out anyway

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.