Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview with one of the trading desks some time ago. I was the first and only one that day. The team told me they were interviewing more ppl early last week and should get back to me by the end of last week.

Now its getting towards the end of the following week so they are a week late. I rang HR about 2 days ago and she said the team interviewed a lot of ppl last week and she still hasnt heard from them.

Does this mean Im out? or at least on the waiting list? Surely it cant take them this long to decide?:woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No they seriously do take along time. Was this first round?

ReputationRep:
    no this was 2nd round...final round. I heard they usually decide after they've interviewed the last candidate. What can take them a week?

ReputationRep:
    OK JPM do have a tendency to do this where they interview batches of people. Most ACs just recruit effectively once you attended that round but JPM hold quite a few ACs and THEN they decide which of them they want to keep. So they have a greater selection to pick from. My friend who got a job there waited 9 working days before she got her offer. So I would tell you to wait until then. Unfortunately they do rejections and acceptance on the same day. Hope you get your offer.

ReputationRep:
    which division did your friend get in? Was this an internship?

ReputationRep:
    I found out in 2 days after mine.

If it's final round, it's because they're holding out for someone better.

ReputationRep:
    yes I agree. Thats what I think. I must be on the waiting list then. I wonder how long it takes to get rejected..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    I found out in 2 days after mine.

If it's final round, it's because they're holding out for someone better.
    btw, which desk did you get the offers for? you could pm me.

ReputationRep:
    desks can take ages to write up their reports. maybe and md is away. something like that. it took me a couple of weeks to get my offer.

ReputationRep:
    if it took you a couple of weeks, then im sure you werent at the top of their list.... which bank and what division?

ReputationRep:
    just wonder why they hold every single ACs for only 6 ppl? They could gather 12 or even 18 together and then make decisions just the day after the AC.....

ReputationRep:
    Space available.... room bookings, manager availibilities etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elva2sam)
    just wonder why they hold every single ACs for only 6 ppl? They could gather 12 or even 18 together and then make decisions just the day after the AC.....
    I wasnt aware JPM did ACs. Which division was this? I was the only person there on the day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.