Turn on thread page Beta

owwwwwwwwww my elbow hurts so much! watch

I was woken up this morning by a massive pain in my left elbow, I can't even describe it, it was just huge throbbing pain. Lasted for about 5 minutes. Then again in class today it suddenly started hurting again, lasted about 5m inutes again then suddenly stopped. I got back to my flat, was making a cup of coffee and it struck again. It hurts so ******* much. Does anyone know what this could be?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what it could be. Did an action set it off or was it random?
    I feel for you though. I was woken up early this morning because I pulled a neck muscle whilst asleep.:mad: Clearly, i'm more active when sleeping than when awake

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what you were doing in your sleep.... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Compressed nerve or something like that, maybe?

:doctor:

(Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Compressed nerve or something like that, maybe?

:doctor:
    I've done that before, I had really bad pins and needles in two of my fingers constantly for about a month. This feels totally different. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Could be floaty bones (non scientific name )

My friend used to get really bad sudden pain in his arm, went for an X-ray and it turned out he'd hit his elbow on something the week before and cracked the 'corner'(?) off his bone - the pieces were floating around his elbow and kept sticking into him

On the other hand, could just be a trapped nerve.

Just go and see a bloody doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was woken up this morning by a massive pain in my left elbow, I can't even describe it, it was just huge throbbing pain. Lasted for about 5 minutes. Then again in class today it suddenly started hurting again, lasted about 5m inutes again then suddenly stopped. I got back to my flat, was making a cup of coffee and it struck again. It hurts so ******* much. Does anyone know what this could be?
    smack your knee hard and you'll forget all about the elbow

(Original post by Christian_j)
    Could be floaty bones (non scientific name )

My friend used to get really bad sudden pain in his arm, went for an X-ray and it turned out he'd hit his elbow on something the week before and cracked the 'corner'(?) off his bone - the pieces were floating around his elbow and kept sticking into him

On the other hand, could just be a trapped nerve.

Just go and see a bloody doctor.
    Sounds lovely. It's turned into a dull ache now with less often very very painful intervals.

I would see a doctor but I'd have to wait at least a week (uni docs are fantastic) and I was hoping maybe someone here could help instead.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.