Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Relation problems/fallout.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 2 years now (2 years this April) and we've been so attached to each other and loved each other loads in that time.

But recently we've broken up because she confessed to liking another guy. I asked why, and she said it's because he gives her the attention that I don't. But she admitted her mistake and keeps saying she needs to get away from him and that she could never be with him anyway.

But I don't think that's the case. They both work together so they always see each other, so she's always gonna like him. Fair play to her though, she's trying to find another job to get away from him, and she told me what she did, which was honest.

But now we're split up, we both agreed that we won't chat to each other for a few months and see how we feel at the end, maybe start all over. BUT, we've hardly gone a few hours without chatting to each other, let alone a few months. This is where I ask TSR, what would you do..

Not chat to her for a few months, make her miss me, and then get back together for a while? Then again, we may drift apart in that time, especially that she's working with that guy. This is sucha dilemma.

Also, her Facebook statuses always seem so happy and hyper, so it makes me think she's hacing more fun without me that she ever did with me.

ReputationRep:
    Her Facebook status' are probably a 'cover-up' for her true feelings.

Leave it for a while and see what happens, if she likes you then she'll come back.

ReputationRep:
    enjoy the time apart, if it's really meant to be then you will get back together, but put ALOT of consideration into it before you do, don't just do it on a whim, try and enjoy yourself and don't count on it happening

ReputationRep:
    x_Link_X, good point. Not sure if it's the case though, I really can't tell...

We're very attached to each other, so I think there's still a chance. So sad, we were even thinking of getting married later this year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.