Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As the thread title says, what are they? Are they always the same?

Just want someone to put it into words for me. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Pleasure. Kids. STDs.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Keep going. Or anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Once you've done it, it's hard to go back to holding hands...

I don't know what you mean by implications - all that comes to my mind is pregnancy and STDs..

ReputationRep:
    But there are good implications too (assuming pregnancy isn't always good!), like it's fun, can bring a couple closer together etc

ReputationRep:
    Potentially a jail sentence?

ReputationRep:
    And in the case of John Terry, ******* over one of your best mates and ex team mates and perhaps undermining our chances of world cup success!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The ways it will affect you in terms of your social standing (awkwardness, 'reputation', relationship consolidation etc) and physical state (STDs, pregnancy etc).

ReputationRep:
    its really fun, it can bring you closer but only if theres a foundation its built open, just jumping on someone isnt going to turn you into romeo and juliet style passionate lovers

but really, its fun

ReputationRep:
    the fact that once you've done it ders no going back.. oh and da tired effect it leaves on u afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Sorry! I abandoned this thread. Why I was asking was because I've noticed that the excuse given for why a child can't possibly consent to sex is often 'because they don't fully understand the implications of sex'. I just wondered, do people who go out solely to pull understand the 'implications of sex'? Are the implications of sex relevant if you know about STDs and the possibility of pregnancy, but all you want is the pleasure of having sex, or you just want to experiment.
    I got the idea from the 9 year old who had a baby thread and I just wondered. She's now a mother and her life is pretty messed up. She's still a little child, but some might say she knows the implications of sex pretty damn well! Does that mean she should be allowed to sleep with who she wants now? Is she ready?
    (this is written with the idea that she slept with a young boy, maybe slightly older, and 'consented' to sex).

ReputationRep:
    Get steaming drunk, pull some wrong bird, wake up in the morning, give her the wrong number, ring all your mates and laugh about how ugly she was, job done

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who goes on about the "implications" or "consequences" of sex just want to justify their moralising.

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't implications! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Anyone who goes on about the "implications" or "consequences" of sex just want to justify their moralising.
    Oooh, interesting. Please elaborate. And if that's your answer, explain why you think it's wrong for a child who wants to have sex, to have sex?

ReputationRep:
    bruised knees, spunk on your face, and a guy who has just increased his internal rep points by 100

ReputationRep:
    once you lose your virginity...there's no going back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_perfectionist)
    once you lose your virginity...there's no going back...
    Is that the main thing? Do you think it's impossible for a child to understand this?

ReputationRep:
    ***..which if not handled properly can cause babiesss

ReputationRep:
    pleasure

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.