Turn on thread page Beta

Met a cute guy last night watch

The student bar we were at is a bit of a meat market so I was really wary. However he seemed fine spent time shuttling between me and his friends, didnt try to grab my arse when he kissed me or lead me elsewhere to dry hump me.

Problem is he lives and studies in another city (Dublin)which sucks so when he left to go look for his friends I just assumed he wouldnt be coming back. However before he left he came to look for me and swap FB details.

I just felt negative about the whole thing as FB is the most obscure, informal ways of keeping in touch with someone (if he actually does).

Without sounding too keen or premature I would like to keep in touch with him and try to see him again if possible (loads of friends live in Ireland anyway) but how do I do this via FB especially since we could barely talk in the club and did more kissing than actual talking

ReputationRep:
    He must be really perfect if he didn't try to dry hump you.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm you say

"hey hows it going, how're things? hows uni going?"

on his facebook wall.

you know.... like a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Message him saying: hey, was nice meeting you last night. did you have a good night? x

simple but gets the conversation going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    this hahaha
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    :ditto: this, people have such high standards today :rolleyes:

'He seemed 'fine'' and 'we did more kissing than talking' are definite indicators of a future relationship :yep:

I don't have facebook, but surely it's a means of communicating with other people? So just communicate with him, maybe get his msn? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The student bar we were at is a bit of a meat market so I was really wary. However he seemed fine spent time shuttling between me and his friends, didnt try to grab my arse when he kissed me or lead me elsewhere to dry hump me.

Problem is he lives and studies in another city (Dublin)which sucks so when he left to go look for his friends I just assumed he wouldnt be coming back. However before he left he came to look for me and swap FB details.

I just felt negative about the whole thing as FB is the most obscure, informal ways of keeping in touch with someone (if he actually does).

Without sounding too keen or premature I would like to keep in touch with him and try to see him again if possible (loads of friends live in Ireland anyway) but how do I do this via FB especially since we could barely talk in the club and did more kissing than actual talking
    heyy similar thing happened to me the other night! met the best guy ever, we talked (and kissed ) loads and we got on so well, we spent all night together dancing and such. then i left and we switched numbers. problem is we live in opposite ends of the country! what to doo??

if i were you i would FB message him asking for number, and then call/text him. personally im trying to work out whether seeing him again will do more harm than good, it would be so much easier if he lived closer! good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Just chat to him on FB then once you become comfortable enough ask for his number maybe or he will ask for yours and text each other! from then i will roll on nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    heyy similar thing happened to me the other night! met the best guy ever, we talked (and kissed ) loads and we got on so well, we spent all night together dancing and such. then i left and we switched numbers. problem is we live in opposite ends of the country! what to doo??

if i were you i would FB message him asking for number, and then call/text him. personally im trying to work out whether seeing him again will do more harm than good, it would be so much easier if he lived closer! good luck x
    It's a ***** aint it? My girlfriend lives about 90 miles away at the minute, and that's a bad enough trek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :ditto: this, people have such high standards today :rolleyes:

'He seemed 'fine'' and 'we did more kissing than talking' are definite indicators of a future relationship :yep:

I don't have facebook, but surely it's a means of communicating with other people? So just communicate with him, maybe get his msn? :dontknow:
    Your avatar of L is putting me off from posting anything relevant to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    It's a ***** aint it? My girlfriend lives about 90 miles away at the minute, and that's a bad enough trek.
    it is! the thing is iv had a long distance rel before and it didnt work out because of the distance (he ended it). i cant decide whether to pursue this one or not! im not sure either one of us has time to travel too.. this is a time when i wish travel methods from harry potter existed! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Ummm you say

"hey hows it going, how're things? hows uni going?"

on his facebook wall.

you know.... like a conversation.
    u crazee bro?

u gotta go all liek "hey boi i see you lookin, and yeh imma let you hit dat"

ReputationRep:
    it is! the thing is iv had a long distance rel before and it didnt work out because of the distance (he ended it). i cant decide whether to pursue this one or not! im not sure either one of us has time to travel too.. this is a time when i wish travel methods from harry potter existed! :p:
    Depends on the distance really, For me, I should be able to get to them in 2 hours or so maximum or it becomes a huge issue.

If it's like 4 hours each way it's just too much really. Costs a fortune too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForGreatJustice)
    u crazee bro?

You win, hands down

ReputationRep:

I think you should forget him and take me out for a drink :p:

But seriously, long distance is just lot's of heartache, but I'd keep in touch anyway as you never know when your paths will cross again. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neverstandstill)
    I think you should forget him and take me out for a drink :p:

But seriously, long distance is just lot's of heartache, but I'd keep in touch anyway as you never know when your paths will cross again. :yes:
    it is lots of heartache. im not sure whether its worth it or not.

and heyy you live in bristol! where abouts? PM me if you want, i could do with some cheering up

ReputationRep:
    Long distance relationships are for losers.

ReputationRep:
    gosh this is weird. When you guys "meet someone" for the first time, is it normal to, like, kiss loads?
    Is it some weird way of communicating?

Every time I've kissed a girl I've ****** her shortly thereafter, haha.

Maybe it's what I'm doing wrong, girls basically want to be utterly raped as soon as the guy says hello. I usually talk for a few mins then they get bored and end up with the guy who keeps grabbing their arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForGreatJustice)
    u crazee bro?

Now thats a conversation starter!

If you say that he will probably come on you!

Did i say "on"? I meant "to" sorry, typo.

Seriously though just ask him how uni is/if hes coming back.

And dont leave a gizillion messages on his wall.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've answered your own question there.. If u like him then why not try and get in contact..u know. Maybe try organising a date

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.