The Student Room Group

Need the car! Help convince my parents!

Okay so my parents don't let me drive the car we have...Now i know how to drive, iv been driving since the last 3 months but they just don't beleive me that im good enough to take the car out on my own...They insist that the driver must go with me.Im 17 but where i live in south asia the driving age is like well once ur feet can reach the clutch and accelerator u can drive..
Now the driver is gone on a vacation and i need to go to a couple of places this Saturday but they JUST WONT GIVE ME THE CAR ! I KNOW ITS THERE MONEY AND THERE CAR but every one, all my friends just take there family car and go...is there any way i can convince them?
kill them
Try maybe just talking to them about it and trying to explain to them that they you will be sensible with the car and see what happens :P
maybe you can go out with your parents in the car and if they can see that you can actually drive and are sensible with it then they might let you drive it? x
Reply 4
they dont want any of it.... there like u can drive alone when ur 18, every one like ALLL my friends drive there all like 16 or 17
offer to drive them places in return? or maybe drive with them in the car around difficult areas to show you are in control and sensible? probs not much use trying the 'all my friends...' line, doesnt tend to work. act maturely and dont shout, reason with them
metrostation22
offer to drive them places in return? or maybe drive with them in the car around difficult areas to show you are in control and sensible? probs not much use trying the 'all my friends...' line, doesnt tend to work. act maturely and dont shout, reason with them

Yeah shouting doesnt really tend to get you anywhere :smile: neither does the 'all my friends' normal response is 'what about so and so etc' that then just causes arguments. im sure if you can prove you are responsible then they will let you eventually and if not then dont force the issue because that might make them think you are too immature

Good Luck x
Reply 7
put thick brown ssellotape over there mouth... tie there hands and feet and then throw them in the cellar... if you want to really get the message across, a little electric current will do the trick

Latest

Trending

Trending