Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem which is beginning to really have an impact on my life.

I seems to have completely separated sex and love in my head and as a result have had a series of one night stands with guys I couldn't ever see myself being in a relationship with. It also means that when I do start dating someone I have sex with them early and then I'm no longer interested.

Any advice?!

ReputationRep:
    ...Stop having one night stands and sex early on?

ReputationRep:
    i think i have sort of the same problem but i dont get bored i just dont trust them cause i know what im like so therefore i think they will be like that and cheat on me. i dunno how to help because im sort of in the same problem... look on my thread if you can help will be a big help .

ReputationRep:
    you sound like 90% of guys

ReputationRep:
    how old r u? i think alot of girls go tru a stage of one nite stands nd random guys nutin to worry about u will find a guy one day that seems different...trust me i know x

ReputationRep:
    Well, do you want to change, and how is this impacting on your life exactly? If you dont like your behaviour towards sex, it's easy to change, and maybe by taking that "action", your mindset will slowly change as well. Could be that you're at a stage in your life where you'd rather not have an emotional relationship with someone, and that's fine as well. I think a lot of young people feel the same as you tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    you sound like 90% of guys
    I'm aware if that, but isn't it unusual for girls to feel like this?

I guess it's not really a bad thing, I'm not looking for a relationship right now anyway. I just feel as though I may be hurting people because it could be said that I'm leading them on ... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picture-Perfect)

I guess it's not really a bad thing, I'm not looking for a relationship right now anyway. I just feel as though I may be hurting people because it could be said that I'm leading them on ... ?
    as long as you're honest from the get-go and are happy, what you're doing now is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picture-Perfect)

If you're going to have sex with them don't hint at anything else, also best not to do it with guys everyone knows. Lots of people accept a more liberal lifestyle but not a slutty one.

My friend had this too, she slept with a guy she liked/was texting early on and then immediately wasn't interested in them anymore. I had lots of ONSs but when it came to meeting my boyfriend I waited till the day we were official and I can see why sex in a relationship and animal sex are so different. You look into their eyes and you really feel something, I don't know how I could go back now. Still miss it though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    If you're going to have sex with them don't hint at anything else, also best not to do it with guys everyone knows. Lots of people accept a more liberal lifestyle but not a slutty one.

My friend had this too, she slept with a guy she liked/was texting early on and then immediately wasn't interested in them anymore. I had lots of ONSs but when it came to meeting my boyfriend I waited till the day we were official and I can see why sex in a relationship and animal sex are so different. You look into their eyes and you really feel something, I don't know how I could go back now. Still miss it though :P
    I'm stealing that term!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.