Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you view people with consistently negative mindsets? watch

ReputationRep:
    Pessimists just annoy me only slightly less than Nihilists.

TBH, if your faith in humanity is that lacking, then just go and top yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I shall always hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan W)
    Haha, this is really very true. I have noticed whenever I get excited around such people, they'll always find a way to highlight the possibly ways in which it might go wrong or not be as good as I hoped. They're also perpetually unhappy with their career and overall direction in life, and will most likely always be that way.

It's like, what's the point in living if you're not going to be make the best of what you do have?
    Yeah you nailed it man, theres a lot of turds out there who don't know about being happy, and don't like others being happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dior-perfume)
    maybe there's a rreason?
    who cares?

it's their job to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    First I try to show them the positive side of things, then after about an hour I give up.

ReputationRep:
    Not as much as people with consistently positive mindsets. Sometimes I need to expect the worst so I don't worry so much about it, and being told me think positively about it just pisses me the hell off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite pessimistic inside my head, but on the outside i'm (usually) quite optimistic!
    I've found i enjoy my life more that way too, pretending to be happier tends to make me happier, and attracts the right sort of company so i'm keeping busy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    My WORD they are annoying. My house-mate is one of them, I just want to throttle him the whole time! Everything that doesn't go his way, he whines about, or at least makes those "I'm fed up" grunts all the time. I just want to slap him around a bit and tell him to get a grip! He acts like the world has dealt him the worst of hands the whole time and :woo: I just wanna kill him!

Wow. I didn't expect that rant to come out so easily...

I for one live the life style of the optimistic pessimist. I assume everything will be *****, but I'll go along with it because I'm often left happily surprised! :yep:
    This. Exactly.

Could not agree with your words more. I am also slightly pessimistic and just try not to expect too much or be annoying ******* sunshine all the time like some people tend to be, but rather just keep the feelings to myself, then when the good does come I am even more happily surprised.

My friend on the other hand - I swear I am going to shove something down her throat any time soon, she grumbles and complains aaaall the time about literally everything, and even finds the worst in the best possible ending. No idea why I am even friends with her, she always gets me in a bad mood.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's really pessimistic. I can't stand it sometimes. When I talk about jobs I'm thinking about doing she always goes on about how every job she's had has been rubbish and no one treats you very well, and that it's likely to be the same for me. Thanks for that mum...

ReputationRep:
    Looking down on people/shunning them is being negative in itself...

I prefer to take a realist view of "Whatever you like, it's your life, live it however you want and I'll be perfectly happy either way"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Javindo)
    Looking down on people/shunning them is being negative in itself...
    no it's not. nobody owes anybody else good vibes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    My mum's really pessimistic. I can't stand it sometimes. When I talk about jobs I'm thinking about doing she always goes on about how every job she's had has been rubbish and no one treats you very well, and that it's likely to be the same for me. Thanks for that mum...
    If there's one piece of advice I'd say about job:

Doesn't matter what job you're doing, if you have a good boss, then you'll be sorted.

You find good ones, you find bad ones, and some are just bat **** mental!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.