Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it that black girls tend to have thicker thighs? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    IKR.

Different countries have different makeups and features. 'White' and 'black' are so vague as to be completely meaningless.
    I think she's insecure about her narrow hips. I don't see why she needs to bash wide hips and say it gives you a flat bum. Delusional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    I have not noticed this, I am also skeptical that black girls have bigger butts. I don't imagine the girls in the hip hop videos are representative of the entire black female population. But there are very few black people where I live so perhaps the people I have seen are unrepresentative.
    Nah most do. Granted not as big as in the hip hop videos, but if you compared the average black girl's butt to a white girl's, it's proportionally a lot bigger. I'm yet to see a black girl with an outright flat ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    No offense but I feel like you want to feel better about narrow hips. You have very small hips. Theres no need to bash wide hips which you have done in this thread. Wide hips are womanly.

Black women are normally pear shapes. You're top heavy, which a lot of white women are.

Also, you're not curvy! You have a nice body but you are no were near curvy. To be curvy you need hips.
    And I have a very small waist. Which is why my whr is below .7. You can have curves from the butt which for me is prefferable to me.

My measurements are 36-22-33.

And no we're not most black women I have aren't flat chested. And most of us don't have hips I've said it before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    And I have a very small waist. Which is why my whr is below .7. You can have curves from the butt which for me is prefferable to me.

My measurements are 36-22-33.

And no we're not most black women I have aren't flat chested. And most of us don't have hips I've said it before.
    lol. That is not a curvy shape. You are top heavy, most black women are not top heavy (your bust is bigger than the hip measurement). They have a pear shape as I have said. If you had a big butt then you measurements would be larger at the hips.

Yeah, most women aren't flat. Anyway, my measurements are 33-25-35 (my thighs are 21 inches, I think you said yours were 17... which is not thick) and I see more black women with my shape. Also, I'm skinny (5ft8 124lb).

So yeah, lets agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Must be where all that fried chicken goes.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I have wide hips AND a big bum. Sorry. You are petit because you are super skinny.
    And? What does this have to do with anything? I am sensing a competition problem.

And no I'm petit because I have a petit frame. A skinny person with wider bigger bones won't have a smaller bone structure simply by being skinny.

You can use this as an example with anorexic who are a majority caucasian. They aren't petit just skin and bones.

This is weird.

But like most black women aren't shaped like you. I already provided a link. You are just an anomaly. As you aren't even really west african descent.

ReputationRep:
    Necromancy!

ReputationRep:
    And? What does this have to do with anything? I am sensing a competition problem.

And no I'm petit because I have a petit frame. A skinny person with wider bigger bones won't have a smaller bone structure simply by being skinny.

You can use this as an example with anorexic who are a majority caucasian. They aren't petit just skin and bones.

This is weird.

But like most black women aren't shaped like you. I already provided a link. You are just an anomaly. As you aren't even really west african descent.
    I am also small boned. I and 5ft8 and 124lbs. And I am Nigerian.

ReputationRep:
    lol. That is not a curvy shape. You are top heavy, most black women are not top heavy (your bust is bigger than the hip measurement). They have a pear shape as I have said. If you had a big butt then you measurements would be larger at the hips.

Yeah, most women aren't flat. Anyway, my measurements are 33-25-35 (my thighs are 21 inches, I think you said yours were 17... which is not thick) and I see more black women with my shape. Also, I'm skinny (5ft8 124lb).

So yeah, lets agree to disagree.
    Lol I'm curvier than you.

Your waist to hip ratio isn't even below .7

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2593128/

My waist to hip ratio is .66....
    That is flat chested that's like an A or Bcup. Not a D cup

Why are you trying to compare yourself to me though? That wasn't even the topic. This is just kind of sad.

Anyhow I gave you a link proving most black women have narrower hips sorry to break it to you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I have wide hips AND a big bum. Sorry. You are petit because you are super skinny.
    Yeah compared to your waist your hips aren't that wide... Or your butt is flat. You just seem jealous from this side lol.

Either way I equate being hippy to being fat because I grew with mainly slim black women who have a lot of fat on the hips. So that's my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I am also small boned. I and 5ft8 and 124lbs. And I am Nigerian.
    Most west african women are a lot shorter. Look at the stats.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm curvier than you.

Your waist to hip ratio isn't even below .7

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2593128/

My waist to hip ratio is .66....
    That is flat chested that's like an A or Bcup. Not a D cup

Why are you trying to compare yourself to me though? That wasn't even the topic. This is just kind of sad.

Anyhow I gave you a link proving most black women have narrower hips sorry to break it to you.
    Really? But my waist is 25 inches and my hips are 35 inches.

LOL. So an A/B cup is flat chested? Flat chested is like a man. I have breast. Also, you don't have to be a D cup to be curvy, but it helps! Anyway, no need to bash girls with small boobs.

I'm not comparing. I'm comparing our ideas of what a black womans body looks like.

ReputationRep:
    Most west african women are a lot shorter. Look at the stats.
    Yes, I know. This is from usually from a bad diet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah compared to your waist your hips aren't that wide... Or your butt is flat. You just seem jealous from this side lol.

Either way I equate being hippy to being fat because I grew with mainly slim black women who have a lot of fat on the hips. So that's my opinion.
    Nah, my bum is not flat looool.

Anyway, can we stop now. Inbox me if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it in their genes? Someone on TSR said, thick thighs tend to be in black people's genes and no matter what you do you'll never get thin thighs. I'm just curious?
    Not sure why but it's so hot when they do

ReputationRep:
    Really? But my waist is 25 inches and my hips are 35 inches.

LOL. So an A/B cup is flat chested? Flat chested is like a man. I have breast. Also, you don't have to be a D cup to be curvy, but it helps! Anyway, no need to bash girls with small boobs.

I'm not comparing. I'm comparing our ideas of what a black womans body looks like.
    No here in America we tend to be shorter as well.

You didn't use the calculator or do the math? My whr is .667 yours is .71. That's the definition of curvy if your waist to hip ratio is below .7 it means you're curvy. Can't conversate with someone who can't do simple math.

My hips are 33" my waist is 22".

Either way don't hate on skinny girls. Most black women aren't shaped loke that that's a white girl's typical proportions. Ours tend to be more exaggerated than that. From my observation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    I guess a "big" part of it is genetic :ahee:
    That... was bad. Go home.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, my bum is not flat looool.

Anyway, can we stop now. Inbox me if you want.
    Yeah you need to stop since you put yourself out there just to be proven that you were less curvy than you thought.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't they're normally a lot bigger with wide hips. I'm the opposite. Saying this just shows how little you really know.

And I specifically have said women of European descent. At least that was what the study was about.

I'm sensing you want to believe in stereotypes that white women are smaller because it makes you feel better. Go ahead but it doesn't make it anymore reality.
    You're not making any sense. You keep trying to assert that it's a personal thing to me but you're the only one who keeps referencing her own body shape, I haven't even mentioned mine as it has nothing to do with this discussion. Again you're being illogical - I was precisely saying we shouldn't apply lazy stereotypes so why would I want to believe one? :rolleyes: You definitely have a problem excepting you don't have the ideal curvy body and you seem resentful of the fact many other black girls do have curvier bottom halves. Didn't like the men complimenting them did you? :cool:

Umm why would having wide hips be a good thing? I'm sorry if I had wide hips I'd have to have no butt or not be able to fit a size 0. I think the weight held their is futile and prefer it to go to my bust and butt. So no I don't feel bad about having small hips. It's apart of what helps a petit figure for me.

I was just showing you that statistically white women have wider hips. You can disagree all you want but you still failed to show any scientifically evidence. And it is an example of how women of European descent have shown to have wider hips.

It's nothing wrong with that you know. White women need it since their newborns tend to be bigger and they are usually larger than other races that's why they're the tallest not a bad thing that's actually why I like white men over other races. Because people of european descent tend to be statistically bigger. It all goes hand in hand.
    Like xoflower said, having wide hips has nothing to do with how much one's bum protrudes. Your study has a poor sample of under 300 people where over 70% of them are white and the majority of black participants were significantly younger than the white women who took part - you want to use this as a universal statistic?? :borat:

Perhaps even more hilarious is the fact that the single study you're clinging to doesn't even measures hip-bone size but the size of the inner (i.e. internal) pelvic cavity for delivering children which is completely different..

It's called confirmation bias for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    No actually xo flower mentioned her body shape as a way to compare and I use mine as a reference for how I found this to be a typical formation for black women like serena williams etc.

I didn't use stereotypes I used a study of you have a problem with it take it up with them.

Lol that's funny I have a very curvy bottom. But I think you're jealous as you keep trying to make personal attacks.

It seems to me you ihave a flat butt and wide hips and so does xo flower or else you wouldn't be attracting me.

Also I am guessing both you and xo lack the mental capacity to do easy math. As you don't seem to know the waist to hip ratio. As I am curvy by that standard.

(Original post by Nomes89)
    You're not making any sense. You keep trying to assert that it's a personal thing to me but you're the only one who keeps referencing her own body shape, I haven't even mentioned mine as it has nothing to do with this discussion. Again you're being illogical - I was precisely saying we shouldn't apply lazy stereotypes so why would I want to believe one? :rolleyes: You definitely have a problem excepting you don't have the ideal curvy body and you seem resentful of the fact many other black girls do have curvier bottom halves. Didn't like the men complimenting them did you? :cool:

Like xoflower said, having wide hips has nothing to do with how much one's bum protrudes. Your study has a poor sample of under 300 people where over 70% of them are white and the majority of black participants were significantly younger than the white women who took part - you want to use this as a universal statistic?? :borat:

Perhaps even more hilarious is the fact that the single study you're clinging to doesn't even measures hip-bone size but the size of the inner (i.e. internal) pelvic cavity for delivering children which is completely different..

It's called confirmation bias for a reason.
    Last part shows you lack comprehension when did I ever say it had to do with how much the butt protrudes? This shows how you can't retain any information given to you as I said the exact opposite.

Black women usually = a rounder butt and slimmer hips.

And white women = flat wide butt due to the wide hips they have usually. Don't like it ? Well that's the truth.

and that's better than you as you have no study supporting anything.

also that has a lot to do with why white women have wider hips.

you have no sample. No proof. Move along now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.