Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the definition of a tragic victim. I've been looking through google and can't find one anywhere. All I have got so far is :

Q. What is a tragic victim

A. A tragic victim typically is someone who died due to murder, manslaughter or a tragic accident outside of their influence. However in recent years many newsgroups have been using it to describe anyone whose life has been permanently set back by a tragic even whether it has happened to that person directly or someone they are closely tied to.
    An example is how they would describe the victims that were staying in the Super Dome in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Even though none of them were actually dead, all of them were touched by the tragedy of the hurricane in such a way that all of them had been permanently set back in some manner or another.

which does help me to some extent, but not fully. I need this for an essay about Gertrude in 'Hamlet' Really do need this information today.

Please and Thankyou!

errrm i'd say a decent, innocent, positive person who dies young

(Original post by Earthly)
    errrm i'd say a decent, innocent, positive person who dies young
    thanks, but how would I put that across for gertrude. I don't believe she is a tragic victim but she does have some attributes... hmm I'll figure it out. Thankyou!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.