Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have an interview I don't want to go to, advice? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Middlesex on the 18th, they don't do the graduate diploma which I'm aiming to get on and so I'd be there for 3 years (I applied as I want to be based in London). I live up north too so the costs of going there would be big, especially as I'm going to a selection day already in London for King's on the 10th, and that's my top choice.

I don't want to go to the interview as Middlesex was really just a filler for my UCAS app but I'm also worried that if I choose not to I won't get offers from anywhere else and end up with nothing! What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Withdraw?

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up and tell them! So they can offer an interview to someone else.
    But you could always have it as a backup and it'll give you experience & practise for other interviews

ReputationRep:
    Use the mdx interview as a preparation for any other interviews after it, as well as keeping a backup just incase.

If the travel cost is a big factor then just give them a quick call/email saying you're trying to focus on a small number of interviews due to travel costs. If you're polite about it, they may allow you to reschedule a later interview if other applicationbs don't work out. Basically just don't have them remember you as someone who didn't bother turning up without telling them. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.