Turn on thread page Beta

Why are guys on TSR so much more immature than girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    its something i have picked up on more and more with using this forum. the guys seem much more immature than the girls.

in threads i go in (at least in general discussion and health and relationships, even in other places too), most guys cant help but make a witty comment, trying too hard to be funny, saying an unfunny internet meme or taking the mick out of the OP's question.

girls on the other hand, only seem to act immature when a guy quotes them with an immature thing or if someone is a blatant troll (i can understand why people would not take a troll seriously).

also, i have found that girls on this forum give the better advice whereas (most) guys on just on here to mess around. is it because they are naive and too inexperienced enough to deal with problems of say, relationship breakups in health and relationships, or not good enough at debating in debate and discussion or general discussion? i am unsure really.

i know i am going to get replies like 'generalisation fail' (which i dont think it is if you use this forum enough) or a guy replying 'THERE ARE NO GIRLZ ON TEH INTERWEBS LOLOLOLOLOL', but this will only serve to prove my point that guys are more immature and naive on here than girls are thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    I for one see this place as a play ground. Somewhere to have a laugh and not be too serious. Though I can, and do, give serious replies, I tend to only do it if the OP hasn't been answered, else, I'll just play.

I know of no evidence to support your assertion

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Someone's got issues with men.

ReputationRep:
    I like them to see me trollin' yo.

ReputationRep:
    for the lulz!

ReputationRep:
    There Are No Girlz On Teh Interwebs Lololololol

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely one of those 'immature' guys you're talking about, but this is the internet and I like to make jokes at almost anything. Obviously in real life I won't make jokes at anything.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone one these Forums is silly !

Except for me !!

ReputationRep:
    very well pointed out!

willys!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    Guys are more immature on TSR?

Guys are generally more immature in real life. Why would the internet be any different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrooru)
    its something i have picked up on more and more with using this forum. the guys seem much more immature than the girls.

in threads i go in (at least in general discussion and health and relationships, even in other places too), most guys cant help but make a witty comment, trying too hard to be funny, saying an unfunny internet meme or taking the mick out of the OP's question.

girls on the other hand, only seem to act immature when a guy quotes them with an immature thing or if someone is a blatant troll (i can understand why people would not take a troll seriously).

also, i have found that girls on this forum give the better advice whereas (most) guys on just on here to mess around. is it because they are naive and too inexperienced enough to deal with problems of say, relationship breakups in health and relationships, or not good enough at debating in debate and discussion or general discussion? i am unsure really.

i know i am going to get replies like 'generalisation fail' (which i dont think it is if you use this forum enough) or a guy replying 'THERE ARE NO GIRLZ ON TEH INTERWEBS LOLOLOLOLOL', but this will only serve to prove my point that guys are more immature and naive on here than girls are thanks for replying
    I know you are but what am I

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    I for one see this place as a play ground. Somewhere to have a laugh and not be too serious. Though I can, and do, give serious replies, I tend to only do it if the OP hasn't been answered, else, I'll just play.
    This! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Anonymity is such a penis-enhancer, sadly.

ReputationRep:

Because you touch yourself at night. Thats why.

ReputationRep:
    Say what now?

ReputationRep:

it's because YOU'RE WOMAN... or Gay... or, if neither, you're just another 'NO BALLZ ON TEH INTERWEBS LOLOLOLOLOL" guy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.