Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what an acceptance/offer letter for any of the colleges at Oxford looks like?

I'm applying to Exeter, Oxford, and received my letter this morning but it looks thin so I'm worried it's a rejection

Do you get a pack of info or anything, or is it just a normal letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumahumour)
    Does anyone know what an acceptance/offer letter for any of the colleges at Oxford looks like?

I'm applying to Exeter, Oxford, and received my letter this morning but it looks thin so I'm worried it's a rejection

haha ... just open it

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends greatly on the college/subject. But do you really want to be told by one of us it's a rejection? Just open it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    I think it depends greatly on the college/subject. But do you really want to be told by one of us it's a rejection? Just open it! :rolleyes:
    Don't lose hope...acceptance letters can come in thin envelopes.

open it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    Don't lose hope...acceptance letters can come in thin envelopes.

open it :P
    In edders' letter it said that he will get a report sent to his referee saying why he didn't get in. Do they send reports to your referees even if you do get in? - just saying what you did well in?

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to ask for it. Why don't you just open it and find out???

ReputationRep:

its just a thin letter saying what the offer is...just open it

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon all the letters from the same college are the same, regardless if they are offers or rejection? - and they only change the bit which says "I am pleased to say....." to "I'm disappointed to say......"

Or do you think that there are two different types of letters???

ReputationRep:

i would have opened it straight away..... i didn't receive it 2day either so i'm still waiting......

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon all the letters from the same college are the same, regardless if they are offers or rejection? - and they only change the bit which says "I am pleased to say....." to "I'm disappointed to say......"

Or do you think that there are two different types of letters???
    omg , u r crazy, does it matter?! pleaseeee open it!

ReputationRep:
    If you have got an offer you will NORMALLY also have a letter about fees and a reply slip so it should be a bit thicker than one sheet. However id say just open it and put yourself out of misery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    omg , u r crazy, does it matter?! pleaseeee open it!
    I think i'll just open it after xmas, in case it is a rejection

ReputationRep:
    I saw the words "direct to your UCAS referee" through the envelope, and that made me think it was a rejection.

Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell stop being an idiot and open it - you're really milking it!

Plenty of us would love to have ours today to get the misery over with so stop mucking about and dragging us down with you!

ReputationRep:
    But it'll be hanging over you for so long that way - just open it and get it over with. Holding onto it for a long time just puts more and more pressure on the actual opening. I went for quick and (not quite, but more so than it would have been) painless =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    Bloody hell stop being an idiot and open it - you're really milking it!

Plenty of us would love to have ours today to get the misery over with so stop mucking about and dragging us down with you!

yeah exactly.....for gods sake......its just attention seeking now. argh

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I don't care how this person fares. I have more important things to be worrying about. I'd also like to find out how my friends in the Upper Sixth at school did. Finding out how a random stranger who I've posted with 3 or 4 times on the internet did isn't going to enhance my life in any way, shape or form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    But it'll be hanging over you for so long that way - just open it and get it over with. Holding onto it for a long time just puts more and more pressure on the actual opening. I went for quick and (not quite, but more so than it would have been) painless =)
    yeah i just marched downstairs took the envelope by the scruff of its neck and ripped its head off
    you didnt get in? for what subject/college? what are you going to do now?

ReputationRep:
    My reply (from Cambridge) was really thin so I assumed it was a rejection, but it wasn't!

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to milk it, i'm just really worried.

i don't want to have to apply again next year, thats all.

sorry if u think i'm being like that

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.