Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford Acceptances! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    ur just being stupid now......u shouldn't have posted a thread about 'oh i got letter.....but i wanna be a **** and don't wanna open it'
    Lol - very true!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you havent even applied and are just stringing us along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah)
    I was beginning to think that.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you arent strong enough to open a letter then maybe you dont deserve a place. Afterall, if you are unable to see it in context what will you be like when it comes to actually being at university. Yes you may not get in, but it isnt a bad refection on you - Oxbridge is one of the best in the world, and so some people arent going to get in - thats something you should realise when you apply. Im presuming that you will (or have been offered) another place at another good university - something some people would love. Just a thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah)
    lol...........hmm......hes not gonna answer us is he? i'm assuming its a he.......no girl would do this! he's a wuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    lol...........hmm......hes not gonna answer us is he? i'm assuming its a he.......no girl would do this! he's a wuss
    girls can be gay like this as well....eg fira......shes gay like this.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    girls can be gay like this as well....eg fira......shes gay like this.....
    lol. anyway, the one day i don't wait for the post......it arrives early...half10. rejected by ox......but i'm not actually upset, i'm just relieved to know! yayyyyyy..........

ReputationRep:
    No letter from oxford this morning, and going away till after christmas now. Gotta wait almost a bloody week now. FFS

ReputationRep:
    who gives a sh** bout some idiot who cant open his letter

im still waitin 4 mine ..grrrrr

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading through the posts.....OPEN THE LETTER GODDAMN IT

ReputationRep:
    Just opened my letter... a rejection to read law at Exeter college - just what I thought.

I posted this thread to get some advice about the whole experience not just the letter opening. I was really nervous about getting in and I just wanted some people to encourage and support me whilst I opened it. Not for people to get angry and say I'm wasting their time.

So now you all know, another reject here. I suppose there's always next year to re-apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumahumour)
    Just opened my letter... a rejection to read law at Exeter college - just what I thought.

I posted this thread to get some advice about the whole experience not just the letter opening. I was really nervous about getting in and I just wanted some people to encourage and support me whilst I opened it. Not for people to get angry and say I'm wasting their time.

So now you all know, another reject here. I suppose there's always next year to re-apply
    I feel sorry for you man...
    Not much I can say, just get over it and get on with your life!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i don't even know what the big deal about oxbridge is anyway. they aren't ness. the best in the world. People just get spellbound by oxbridge and just think it's the end of the world if they get in. It's pathetic - get a life if u had such trouble about opening the envelope then u r weak. I got an oxford rejection y/day and i couldn't give a toss - in fact i reckon I wud have rejected ox anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumahumour)
    I think i'll just open it after xmas, in case it is a rejection
    wot an utterly stupid thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankur1986)
    i don't even know what the big deal about oxbridge is anyway. they aren't ness. the best in the world. People just get spellbound by oxbridge and just think it's the end of the world if they get in. It's pathetic - get a life if u had such trouble about opening the envelope then u r weak. I got an oxford rejection y/day and i couldn't give a toss - in fact i reckon I wud have rejected ox anyway.
    Which begs the question of why you bothered to apply in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Which begs the question of why you bothered to apply in the first place
    I applied to cam under quite a lot of pressure from school. also it was the 1st university i visited and i loved it, but since then i've visited others, and preferred the general atmosphere. Not sure where I'm actually going to go, I don't think I've got the guts to turn down Cambridge if they make me an offer (plus my family and school would murder me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankur1986)
    Sour grapes deary, sour grapes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Sour grapes deary, sour grapes.
    Let's see what excuses we come up with when Cambridge rejects us.

a.

ReputationRep:
    Why you guys being mean to each other??!! :mad:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.