The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anonymous
I am the OP. Please keep me anon TSR. To address some of your comments -
I am not a troll & I am female. I send my CV to companies daily without reply. The phrase was figurative. I do get out of bed to use the loo and yes, eat bread & drink water. I cannot afford the gym or Weight Watchers. I spend most of my days alone either sleeping, reading or on the Internet. I don't know how I could meet people (for free) and don't think I even know how to talk to people anymore without revealing my insecurities. Why am I telling you all this? Because I don't think I could have this conversation with my mum. I am afraid she will ask me to seek professional help. I don't think I am at that stage just yet.

So when do you think you will be at that stage??

Its not weak to seek professional help, it's a sign of strength.

You could always just go walking or running. If you have nothing better to do then walk around for a few hours. Join the local library or job agencies. Just get out of the house, even if it's on your own at first, you need to build up your confidence.
Reply 61
Anonymous
I'm nearly 30.
Obese (size 20).
Single.
No friends.
Unemployed.
In debt.
Living with my mum.
Diabetic.

Give me a reason to keep getting out of bed - I dare you :frown:

Because even with all of that your still a beautiful person :yes: and its never too late to make a change! you just need to do that one thing!

Good luck :smile:
if you cant find a job, go back into education and train yourself up
the more you make excuses the longer youll be stuck in your ways
plus its free to jog, and you dont know how to do these things cuz u lock urself up, get out there and u might make something of ur life
Reply 63
Anonymous
I am the OP. Please keep me anon TSR. To address some of your comments -
I am not a troll & I am female. I send my CV to companies daily without reply. The phrase was figurative. I do get out of bed to use the loo and yes, eat bread & drink water. I cannot afford the gym or Weight Watchers. I spend most of my days alone either sleeping, reading or on the Internet. I don't know how I could meet people (for free) and don't think I even know how to talk to people anymore without revealing my insecurities. Why am I telling you all this? Because I don't think I could have this conversation with my mum. I am afraid she will ask me to seek professional help. I don't think I am at that stage just yet.

and that would be bad because.......? seems like you dont want a reason to change tbh :rolleyes:
Reply 64
*Star*Guitar*
You've got a nerve asking that question when there are people with cancer and horrific car crash injuries that had no ******* choice to be in bed but found reason to get out of it and made something of their lives.
Get off your lazy sorry ass and do something about all those things that you can actually change. You have every reason to get out of bed and change since you're not happy about obviously letting yourself get into that position.

Tbh she obviously has depression which while it's not really comparable to cancer, it's extremely debilitating and much more stigmatized. Ironically, as you're proving.
Reply 65
Saffie
Tbh she obviously has depression which while it's not really comparable to cancer, it's extremely debilitating and much more stigmatized. Ironically, as you're proving.

This.
Saffie

Can't say I could professionally recognise depression. Though I'm not depressed and cannot at all understand why someone would let themselves get into that position and have no motivation to get out of it, so maybe OP is depressed. :dontknow:
To go for a wee wee.
Reply 68
*Star*Guitar*
Can't say I could professionally recognise depression. Though I'm not depressed and cannot at all understand why someone would let themselves get into that position and have no motivation to get out of it, so maybe OP is depressed. :dontknow:

Well the OP probably doesn't recognise it as depression either.. but it all sounds very characteristic.. especially the thread title.
Dear god it's these type of threads that i care least about. Pull yourself together man! I would be harsher, but if i was, i could here the warning bells a mile away ¬_¬
tomiswellcool
I'm not being funny but a 30 year old on a student forums....?

I find that rather odd.

Does this site actually have age restrictions? Maybe they want to better themselves so came here for academic advice. Jeez.
tinktinktinkerbell
only if they are as narrow minded as you :eek3:

True :frown: I'm a bad person
steph_anie_x
True :frown: I'm a bad person

*gets the whip out*

:ahee:
Anonymous
I'm nearly 30.
Obese (size 20).
Single.
No friends.
Unemployed.
In debt.
Living with my mum.
Diabetic.

The possibility that you can change all of that?
*Star*Guitar*

Not having motivation is a symptom in itself of depression, hence why people need outside help. Having seen it clinically enough times in medical work experience I will say it is significant enough to be treated professionally.
Reply 74
cos the party don't start TILL YOU WALK IN!

but HOLD ON A SECOND! you're nearly 30 and you're on the student room...
you do know there are like 12 year olds on here and ting
no one will feel sorry for you if you appear to not try making a change to your life.
you can lose weight (if you are unhappy about it. curvy is beautiful)
you can start searching for a job, or even making cash by selling things on ebay. keep yourself busy.
find a hobby. are you good at writing? painting? singing? start a blog. an online community.
make an attempt to pay off your debt. work out how you got in debt in the first place and work on that. almost everyone is in debt.
single? who cares? feel confident in yourself and this won't matter. go out. meet people.
diabetic. thousands of people are love. they get on with life, and it shouldn't be debilitating towards how you live your life unless YOU LET IT.
living with your mum? take her out to the pub. meet people. do things together. appreciate the fact you live with someone.
this all sounds like typical advice, but if you are that miserable with life, you need someone to give you a kick up the bum and do something!
get a job. do an open university course. you won't have friends unless YOU GET OUT AND MEET PEOPLE.
Reply 76
Is not everything you listed reason enough?
Reply 77
Get out of bed or I'll send that ginger sideburns guy from the horse racing and celebrity big brother round to sit next to you.
Anonymous
I'm nearly 30.
Obese (size 20).
Single.
No friends.
Unemployed.
In debt.
Living with my mum.
Diabetic.

The only way you can do something about it is doing something about it. So first step I guess is getting out of bed. :yep: Gotta believe in yourself. Always. :yep: :grin:
Read an Anthony Robbins book.

Latest

Trending

Trending