Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Read an Anthony Robbins book.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, your house is on fire you oaf.

I'm nearly 30.
    It's never too late to start anything.

Obese (size 20).
    Sitting around won't take your mind off it. Either learn to love who you are or make a positive change by working towards a goal clothing size or getting your 5 a day etc.

Single.
    So am I What's the shame in it?

No friends.
    You need to go out into the world to meet people to make them. To be friends with someone you need to have a 2 way relationship. You help them and are interested in them and they do the same for you.

Unemployed.
    Volunteer work counts for just as much as paid work in terms of experience and bulk for a CV. Employers in the future will see that you weren't just doing nothing with your time. Or enrol back into education? You only harvest the seeds which you sow.

In debt.
    Interest ticks away slowly creating more debt.... Erm... seriously, I don't see why this is a reason to stay IN bed. Really horrible situation , but I'm sorry, it won't disappear alone.

Living with my mum.
    Help her then? Cook and clean and don't feel useless by just sitting around.

Diabetic.
    Exercise helps ease symptoms, go for a walk

ReputationRep:
    to get out the crap situation your in deffo got to be a reason.

ReputationRep:
    No please stay in bed, I can't bare the thought of you moving... THAT.

ReputationRep:
    dare you? don't you mean challenge you?

ReputationRep:
    Have a wаnk.

Read about geochemistry; and how you can determine how much of a planet was liquid lava in the distant past solely based on the Lanthanum content of basalts

ReputationRep:
    You sound like Miranda Hart in her series on BBC 2. I highly recommend you watch the episodes on the internet. There- that's a reason to get out of bed in the morning .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I recommend you hang yourself, you loser. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    you should be ashamed of yourself.

if youre going to post something like this at least grow a pair and don't go anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 30.
    It's never too late to start anything.

Obese (size 20).
    Sitting around won't take your mind off it. Either learn to love who you are or make a positive change by working towards a goal clothing size or getting your 5 a day etc.

Single.
    So am I What's the shame in it?

No friends.
    You need to go out into the world to meet people to make them. To be friends with someone you need to have a 2 way relationship. You help them and are interested in them and they do the same for you.

Unemployed.
    Volunteer work counts for just as much as paid work in terms of experience and bulk for a CV. Employers in the future will see that you weren't just doing nothing with your time. Or enrol back into education? You only harvest the seeds which you sow.

In debt.
    Interest ticks away slowly creating more debt.... Erm... seriously, I don't see why this is a reason to stay IN bed. Really horrible situation , but I'm sorry, it won't disappear alone.

Living with my mum.
    Help her then? Cook and clean and don't feel useless by just sitting around.

Diabetic.
    Exercise helps ease symptoms, go for a walk

This ^^

ReputationRep:
    You have lots of stuff to do.

If you're going to spend life in bed, at least buy a good bed.

(Original post by MrHappy_J)
    you should be ashamed of yourself.

if youre going to post something like this at least grow a pair and don't go anonymous.
    Some people are better off dead. Life is a privilege. I have a right to say what I did because I know life isn't easy, but I put the effort in to make friends, have a job and have a life. It would be easier for me to sit at home and watch movies and eat junk.

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds stops serving breakfast at 10.30

ReputationRep:
    Ive been listening to that for the past few months. Its really good actually.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 30. 20
    Obese (size 20). Overweight
    Single.
    No friends.
    Unemployed.
    In debt.
    Living with my mum.
    Diabetic.

Give me a reason to keep getting out of bed - I dare you
    Changed it for me..

I'm getting up tomorrow morning to go for a jog (should really be getting to sleep now tbh).

You could go for a lovely walk? Have you got a dog/mp3 etc? Doesn't matter, walking is great in so many ways.

What type diabetes are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeL230)
    McDonalds stops serving breakfast at 10.30
    Your sig was NOT worth it :tsk:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Your sig was NOT worth it :tsk:

ReputationRep:
    So your parents don't feel they failed in there job as a parent and don't feel they are responsible for the man you have become. Make them proud, become a modern success story, feature in Take a break. Also, because when your 70 (assuming you become that old) you don't want to say 'I wish i had done something to better the quality of my life, but now i can NEVER change the past'. Think big fella, aspire and acheive. Have goals and don't resign yourself to a **** life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 30.
    Obese (size 20).
    Single.
    No friends.
    Unemployed.
    In debt.
    Living with my mum.
    Diabetic.

bedbugs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 30.
    Obese (size 20).
    Single.
    No friends.
    Unemployed.
    In debt.
    Living with my mum.
    Diabetic.

1.) Lose weight. It'll be hard but if you do it properly, half an hour of exercise a day and 1000 calories rather than 2000 then soon you'll lose weight. Slim down to a size 10-12, even a 14's not too bad, get a new 'look' - doesn't have to cost anything, some hair dye and some new primark clothes if need be. maybe a piercing or two. and yes, i know you're nearly thirty but so what, hardly old these days is it.

2.) This will sort out the single/friends problem, or at least be some help.

3.) Lots of people are diabetic, you just have to live with it, it's really not a reason for you to want to stay in bed all day.

4.) Be happy you're unemployed, at least you don't have to get up at 7am every morning in the cold. Spend your time dedicating yourself to weight loss and your new look. You get JSA, don't you? Don't spend it all. Save up for your new look, not buying things you deem necessary ie cakes no doubt.

Alternatively, go and get some antidepressants.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.