Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriends female friends! watch

ReputationRep:
    I get quite jealous of my boyfriends’ female friends, not all of them, just the ones that he used to be quite close to and see nearly everyday in college. I don’t really know them as I didn’t go to college. I don’t really know why I feel jealous. I trust him and know that he wouldn’t cheat on me but still find it really hard to deal with. Since he left college in September, he hasn’t really seen much of them, what with working etc. But recently one of them keeps texting him and writing on his facebook asking for them to meet up. She’s done it every week for the last 3/4 weeks but either he’s had work or we’ve already arranged plans so they have yet to meet. This weekend his parents are away and we were just going to chill out with a few DVDs but she left him a message on facebook again to meet up. I don’t know what to do, whether to just suggest they should meet up and keep my feeling to myself or make sure he sticks to our plans so he doesn’t get to see her. I would like some advise on what to do and whether anyone else feels like this towards their boyfriends girl friends!

ReputationRep:
    If you truly trust him like you say then you should let him go and meet up with her.

ReputationRep:
    he made plans with you first he should stick to them, dont tell him to meet up with her

im lucky that my bf had no female mates when we met, if he got some now then it would be them or me tbh

ReputationRep:
    Say nothing unless he asks your opinion with respect to breaking your plans?

If he asks you if you mind changing your plans so he can meet this friend, stay calm but be honest. Tell him you're not entirely happy with it (especially with respect to how persistent she's being) but you understand that he doesn't want to lose touch with his friends and don't mind him meeting up with them (although breaking plans with you is pretty out of order). It's pretty clear that he puts you above this person anyway...emotions are not always rational and we all have to deal with them. Your reaction is completely understandable as is your confusion - communication is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    he made plans with you first he should stick to them, dont tell him to meet up with her

im lucky that my bf had no female mates when we met, if he got some now then it would be them or me tbh
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    :rolleyes:
    problem?

ReputationRep:
    problem?
    Your boyfriends not allowed to have any female friends? If i was in a relationship and stopped him from seeing any female friends I wouldn't be surprised if he got rid

ReputationRep:
    Well if hes already made plans with you he should stick to them but I would suggest he arranges a different day to meet up with her.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriends not allowed to have any female friends? If i was in a relationship and stopped him from seeing any female friends I wouldn't be surprised if he got rid

if he met them after me then no, i should come before them

ReputationRep:
    he made plans with you first he should stick to them
    this BUT, this is something you have to deal with.
    you know he wouldn't cheat on you. they may just be close friends. and its really harsh if you try and stop them meeting up.

keep it to yourself and just get over it

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend has this one friend that i cant stand she has a reputation of stealing ppls boyfriends and she hates me coz her ex liked me aand asked me out after they were broken up. i once was on my boyfriends phone and she txt him bout having sex and worrying she was pregnant and i freaked out i asked him what that was about and he said that it was a different guy she kept talking to him about he promised he would never txt her again but he still does and even phones her sometimes. i love him so much and i dont think he would actually treat me but i just dont no what to do about this girl!!

ReputationRep:
    thats just ridiculous. you obviously have huuge trust issues.

or obviously think the only reason guys and girls bother to get to know each other is for sex :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)

or obviously think the only reason guys and girls bother to get to know each other is for sex :/

oh where tinks is concerned shes either full of it or her bf is the most under the thumb, pussy whipped, beaten dog, bloke ive ever heard of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)

all youve got to do is read the millions of 'ive fallen for my friend' topics on here to get the jist :rofl:

im just playing btw i know that not ALL male/female relationships would/do end up with sex happening, all im saying is i would put my bf first and i expect the same back, ive given up a male mate who he didnt like (tbf though the guy was a flirty sod)

ReputationRep:
    What if, since he obviously doesn't have one now, he needs an attractive, non-mentally ill girl in his life, even if just as a friend? you don't seem to have his best interests in mind.

ReputationRep:
    He has made plans with you, true, but are they really that important if he hasn't seen his friend in a while? I don't see why people get so jealous about female friends, if his male friends were always asking to meet up would you show the same level of suspicion? Not all women are going to be after your bloke and can be good friends. I would say it's natural to feel a bit jealous, but he's known her for a long time and if anything was going to happen it would do so relax, if he wants to cancel your plans try and be cool about it but bring up how you feel. Maybe you could get to know his friend better and that would help things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    What if, since he obviously doesn't have one now, he needs an attractive, non-mentally ill girl in his life, even if just as a friend? you don't seem to have his best interests in mind.
    he loves me and finds me very attractive otherwise he wouldnt be with me nor am i mentally ill thank you, all im expecting is to be tret like i treat him IE i give up a friend i know he didnt like so i would expect him to do the same back

ReputationRep:
    Friends like to see each other. End of. And also, you blatantly don't trust him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateFlowers)
    I get quite jealous of my boyfriends’ female friends, not all of them, just the ones that he used to be quite close to and see nearly everyday in college. I don’t really know them as I didn’t go to college. I don’t really know why I feel jealous. I trust him and know that he wouldn’t cheat on me but still find it really hard to deal with. Since he left college in September, he hasn’t really seen much of them, what with working etc. But recently one of them keeps texting him and writing on his facebook asking for them to meet up. She’s done it every week for the last 3/4 weeks but either he’s had work or we’ve already arranged plans so they have yet to meet. This weekend his parents are away and we were just going to chill out with a few DVDs but she left him a message on facebook again to meet up. I don’t know what to do, whether to just suggest they should meet up and keep my feeling to myself or make sure he sticks to our plans so he doesn’t get to see her. I would like some advise on what to do and whether anyone else feels like this towards their boyfriends girl friends!
    Well, you have a simlar name to me me. :o:
    Anyway, i personally think that you should suggest they meet up. That way, you get the problem off your mind, because if you don't bring it up and see what he says about it, you may always be a bit jelous. I'd also be curious to know what he would say if i were you. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bloody Insecure or what.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.