The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
KateFlowers
... But recently one of them keeps texting him and writing on his facebook asking for them to meet up. She’s done it every week for the last 3/4 weeks but either he’s had work or we’ve already arranged plans so they have yet to meet. This weekend his parents are away and we were just going to chill out with a few DVDs but she left him a message on facebook again to meet up.

Facebook...Facebook....It's always about Facebook.

My friend's relationship with her ex boyfriend was determined by Facebook, and they broke up because she thought something was going on with other girls.
Don't let the internet rule your relationship!
Reply 21
tinktinktinkerbell
he made plans with you first he should stick to them, dont tell him to meet up with her

im lucky that my bf had no female mates when we met, if he got some now then it would be them or me tbh

Guys, he hasn't seen his close mate for a while and he has no major plans with his GF. Those in support of him not seeing his friend need their heads shaking.

The Referee
(although breaking plans with you is pretty out of order).

I agree with your post apart from this; Its not like the OP and her bf had planned to go out for a meal or something.

The girl below suggests the perfect way forward; ask to join him and his friend if you're worried although without a reason you have no right to be concerned.
If he's good friends with her, why dont u go meet up with her together. I've met all my bfs good friends, thats how i know i can trust him with them.

but in his defence, u cant be on his back 24/7, either trust his decisions or call it quits
Reply 23
emz88
my boyfriend has this one friend that i cant stand she has a reputation of stealing ppls boyfriends and she hates me coz her ex liked me aand asked me out after they were broken up. i once was on my boyfriends phone and she txt him bout having sex and worrying she was pregnant and i freaked out i asked him what that was about and he said that it was a different guy she kept talking to him about he promised he would never txt her again but he still does and even phones her sometimes. i love him so much and i dont think he would actually treat me but i just dont no what to do about this girl!!

It doesn't sound that great, but she may honestly think of him as a friend, which is why she was texting him her worries. If they've been friends a long time I would try to relax a little, because its unlikely anything is going on. If he promised to stop texting her then he should have, because that suggests that they're not that good friends, but trying to separate your partner from their friends doesn't often have good consequences.
Don't feed the tinkertroll people!

Anyways, stop being so insecure, it ain't attractive!
Reply 25
liviloo
Facebook...Facebook....It's always about Facebook.

My friend's relationship with her ex boyfriend was determined by Facebook, and they broke up because she thought something was going on with other girls.
Don't let the internet rule your relationship!

The internet is my relationship :cry:
Reply 26
stop being so insecure, it's pathetic. There were people before you in his life friends or otherwise you dumbass.
Im sorry..but you have no right to be that demanding...Let him do what he wants, or you WILL regret it, trust me, Plus you said you trust him, so spend all weekend with him, but suggest to him, maybe go have lunch or a coffee with her for an hour or two or three :P No harm will be done

Good Luck
i_<3_you
Im sorry..but your not his wife, you have no right to be that demanding...Let him do what he wants, or you WILL regret it, trust me, Plus you said you trust him, so spend all weekend with him, but suggest to him, maybe go have lunch or a coffee with her for an hour or two or three :P No harm will be done

Good Luck

If you pull this as a wife you should be divorced and your husband should take the kids!
i_<3_you
Im sorry..but your not his wife, you have no right to be that demanding...Let him do what he wants, or you WILL regret it, trust me, Plus you said you trust him, so spend all weekend with him, but suggest to him, maybe go have lunch or a coffee with her for an hour or two or three :P No harm will be done

Good Luck

lol wut? since when is it different for a wife doing it compared to a gf/fiancee?
n0c0ntr0l
If you pull this as a wife you should be divorced and your husband should take the kids!

I didnt literally mean wife!! :o:
You are insecure. Sure you are allowed to have these feelings. But you can't completely stop your bf from hanging out with his female friends just because you have unjustified jealousy issues. To do that is selfish and unthoughtful of his best interests. I'm sure you have male friends you like to keep in touch with as well. My ex bf was like this with my male friends who I've known since primary school and to say he didn't want the people I've known most of life around just pushed me away from my ex even more.

Try and make the effort to meet some of his female friends. It will give you a peace of mind if you know more about them.
Well, his having female friends has probably made him know women better, so you have that to thank them for :wink:
But I know what you mean, you don't want him hanging around with them all the time instead of you. But it doesn't sound like he does that, or wants to do that.
If you trust him, it shouldn't be a problem. She may just want to catch up with a good old friend. If they meet up, and you feel she is becoming too 'involved' and persistant, then perhaps speak to your boyfriend. He has chosen his plans with you over meeting up with her many times before it seems, and he doesn't appear to have shown a huge interest in wanting to arrange to meet up...it is her more interested than him.
If he tells you about these things, I dont think you need to worry.
dont worry i know how you feel totally.
My boyfriends too had a alot of female friends, i often find it hard since hes left school and is now at college with me as it tends to not go out with me yet meet up with them.
Ill admit im a jealous and insecure type but thats only down to my past relationshops and every since one of them ending in my other half cheating on me.

But sam as you said, i trust my boyfriends completly more than anything, you just have to learn to accept it i suppose, all you can do :smile:
Reply 34
tinktinktinkerbell
he loves me and finds me very attractive otherwise he wouldnt be with me :h: nor am i mentally ill thank you, all im expecting is to be tret like i treat him IE i give up a friend i know he didnt like so i would expect him to do the same back

So what. Your bf shouldn't have female friends because he didn't like your blatently disrespectful 'friend' who brazenly flirted with you knowing full well you had a boyfriend. If you were any sort of girlfriend, you should have been keen to drop him. Furthermore you have some issues. Just because your his girlfriend, that doesn't mean your the absolute focus of his life. His main responsibility in life is to himself and he is within his rights to have a million female friends if he wants. Grow up.
JME10
So what. Your bf shouldn't have female friends because he didn't like your blatently disrespectful 'friend' who brazenly flirted with you knowing full well you had a boyfriend. If you were any sort of girlfriend, you should have been keen to drop him. Furthermore you have some issues. Just because your his girlfriend, that doesn't mean your the absolute focus of his life. His main responsibility in life is to himself and he is within his rights to have a million female friends if he wants. Grow up.

i expect him to treat me how i treat him so yes i do expect him to drop friends i dont like just like i dropped friends he doesnt like
Reply 36
I'm sure your boyfriend doesn't have a problem with you having male friends like a normal person. Your belief that he cannot have female friends because you somehow come first is wrong. Any normal person can see that.
My boyfriend has plenty of female friends. It's not a problem to me because if he was honestly interested in any of them he wouldn't have bothered going out with me. :smile:
Reply 38
snowyowl
My boyfriend has plenty of female friends. It's not a problem to me because if he was honestly interested in any of them he wouldn't have bothered going out with me. :smile:

You are neglecting the possibility that he likes a bit of dessert after his main.

Latest

Trending

Trending