The Student Room Group

Spray-on liquid glass is about to revolutionize almost everything

Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.

According to the manufacturers, liquid glass has a long-lasting antibacterial effect because microbes landing on the surface cannot divide or replicate easily.

When coated, all surfaces become easy to clean and anti- microbially protected (Winner of the NHS Smart Solutions Award ). Houses, cars, ovens, wedding dress or any other protected surface become stain resistant and can be easily cleaned with water ; no cleaning chemicals are required. Amazingly a 30 second DIY application to a sink unit will last for a year or years, depending on how often it is used. But it does not stop there - the coatings are now also recognised as being suitable for agricultural and in-vivo application. Vines coated with SiO2 don’t suffer from mildew, and coated seeds grow more rapidly without the need for anti-fungal chemicals. This will result in farmers in enjoying massively increased yields

news source here

link to inventors site
Reply 1
To add I think these revolutionary discoveries have a hard time of being made available to the public, because of their negative affect on thousands of industries that rely on providing short term solutions to problems that this would solve for a much longer period of time.
Trouser Snake
To add I think these revolutionary discoveries have a hard time of being made available to the public, because of their negative affect on thousands of industries that rely on providing short term solutions to problems that this would solve for a much longer period of time.

Yeah it's like the report says that supermarkets won't stock it due to it killing the need for cleaning products.

The anti-bacterial claims seem a little far fetched, but given my complete lack of knowledge in this area I could be wrong. I'll believe it when I see it.

If it is true a German family are probably about to become very very rich.
Reply 3
Would this make wood stain resistent and waterproof?
If yes, awesome. That could come in very handy.
More revolutionary than the iPad, that's for sure.
Sounds like an evolution of self cleaning glass, which is based on the external molecular structure of the lotus leaf, but with the convenience of spray and go!
+ polarity -
More revolutionary than the iPad, that's for sure.

yeah the ipad just looks like 5 iphones sellotaped together
AreYouExperienced?
yeah the ipad just looks like 5 iphones sellotaped together

It just looks like ****.
This sounds so cool *gets excited* we sure as hell need it for our kitchen, some of my flatmates are really disgusting when it comes to hygiene.
+ polarity -
It just looks like ****.

what they haven't told us about the iPad:

Spoiler

mikeyd85
what they haven't told us about the iPad:

Spoiler

:beard: Interesting. I heard something about a dock. But having to carry two pieces seems a bit :yucky:, know what I mean?
Mmm, I think they are pushing it a bit here. We have had silicate surfaces in homes for decades - that is what mica (or formica) surfaces are. They are good, but not some kind of wonder surface.

Latest

Trending

Trending