The Student Room Group

is it possible to fail A2 and go to uni with AS results?

My course at University requires 200 UCAS points and at least C in English and Maths at GCSE level. 120 Points must come from 6/12 AS/A Level units.

In my AS year I acquired:

AS: CC, D, D, E = 160 Points
Key Skills: Level 3 x2 PASS = 40 Points

Total = 200 Points

I am totally screwing up my A2 Levels and am on course to maybe scrape a E in one subject and fail the double subject. Would I be able to go to university just carrying my AS results?
most offers specify "X points from 3 Alevels" so no, probably not.

edit:

Though on second reading i'm not so sure, best contact the uni in question.
you could maybe get into a scottish uni with really good AS results.......as they ask for like AAABB in scottish highers where they ask for BCC at A2

but you'd have to talk to them directly about that
Reply 3
UCAS Tariff Points: 200 points
Min. from 6/12 unit awards (incl. SQA Adv. Higher): 120 points.
Non-Tariff qualifications: Other acceptable qualifications include International Baccalaureate Diploma 24 points.
Details:

Required GCSEs: English Language and Mathematics (grade C or above) or equivalent.

no mention of that is there? I'm so confused haha :frown:
coops2404
UCAS Tariff Points: 200 points
Min. from 6/12 unit awards (incl. SQA Adv. Higher): 120 points.
Non-Tariff qualifications: Other acceptable qualifications include International Baccalaureate Diploma 24 points.
Details:

Required GCSEs: English Language and Mathematics (grade C or above) or equivalent.

no mention of that is there? I'm so confused haha :frown:

I believe the 6 unit awards would be single A levels, then the 12 unit award would be your double award A level subject. Therefore you need to get 120 points from your A level subjects - a full A level is worth 6 units, or 4 now as some exam boards have changed a wee bit.

This means if you get an E in the subject you say, you need to get 80 points from your other subjects. You say you're failing the double subject, but if you manage to get yourself together and get EE in this too, then you've got 80 points there. If you managed to get CC last year, EE should be managable this year even so late in the day :smile: