Turn on thread page Beta

So annoyed with what someone on my FB wrote about uni students watch

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I'm really stressed atm with final year and applying for jobs outside of Britain, and then I find this statement on Facebook from this trollop with whom I went to school.

- I day go to College never bothered with Uni, got a job from school, got qualifications by learning at home, I acheive Legal qualifications u show ur mum & u don't even get a well done. Supose if I went to college, dossed for a bit earning no money gone to uni & havin £10,000 of debit & probally not even getting a job a...t the end despite having a degree, cuz you have no life skills, id get a god party!!

What annoyed me though is that I've probably got a better CV than her and I haven't worked my ass off for a basic wage for 5 years. Obviously those 'legal qualifications' (probably an NVQ in Paperclips) did nothing for her standard of written English.

After I graduate, I'm appyling to work in New York for a while (so it's realistic prospect) and then come back to the UK to get a proper graduate job with the experience I'll have accrued. Therefore it pisses me off when a sket like her criticises all the 'debit' (:toofunny:) I'll be in.

Should I say someting to her?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she is jealous.....maaaaaaaybe?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair she did work too, at a job and qualifications. I say good on her for that, at least shes not on benefits, and her mum could be proud!

However the uni thing is a generalisation that makes me cross.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you even care? Just get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    OMG, I'm really stressed atm with final year and applying for jobs outside of Britain, and then I find this statement on Facebook from this trollop with whom I went to school.

I day go to College never bothered with Uni, got a job from school, got qualifications by learning at home, I acheive Legal qualifications u show ur mum & u don't even get a well done. Supose if I went to college, dossed for a bit earning no money gone to uni & havin £10,000 of debit & probally not even getting a job a...t the end despite having a degree, cuz you have no life skills, id get a god party!!

What annoyed me though is that I've probably got a better CV than her and I haven't worked my ass off for a basic wage for 5 years. Obviously those 'legal qualifications' (probably an NVQ in Paperclips) did nothing for her standard of written English.

After I graduate, I'm appyling to work in New York for a while (so it's realistic prospect) and then come back to the UK to get a proper graduate job with the experience I'll have accrued. Therefore it pisses me off when a sket like her criticises all the 'debit' (:toofunny:) I'll be in.

She's pretty right tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    Uni doesnt work for everybody, if she feels that she has got where she wants to be her own way then good for her.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with her saying that? some people have to get their qualifications in that way. By the sounds of it she just wants a little recognition for the fact that she is trying to better herself.

I don't think you have any right to comment, your getting your qualifications at uni and she's getting hers in a different way... I don't see how this annoys you at all.

ReputationRep:
    Link her profile and I can -go sick- if you like.

ReputationRep:
    its her opinion!

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean she sent this to you? or it's on her homepage thing. if she sent it to you, say something. if it's just on her homepage don't bother, she's probably pissed off plenty of other people and no doubt they hate her just as much

ReputationRep:
    why the hell would you pay any attention to that illiterate moron, you're the one making the choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Absolutely agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Absolutely agreed.
    hey :love:

ReputationRep:
    Probably jealous because of the experience she missed out on and the chance to have a higher earning potential.
    I agree, in some ways, getting a job straight after school is good in the sense you don't have debts and you begin earning money younger- good if your parents cannot afford to pay Uni fees, or you don't want to take a loan. However, those who go to Uni have higher eventual earning potential (not always, but usually). It also means you are somewhat less likely to end up in a lower-pay job and remain there for life.

More likely they are jealous.

But judging by that person's awful spelling and poor English writing ability, I doubt they would have got a University place!

ReputationRep:
    And the poorly constructed and communicated thoughts of a simpleton affects you... how??

ReputationRep:
    A bit mean to post her name.. surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    A bit mean to post her name.. surely?
    It's probably a troll anyway.

There are many of these types of things on a website called lamebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)

Danielle x - I day go to College never bothered with Uni, got a job from school, got qualifications by learning at home, I acheive Legal qualifications u show ur mum & u don't even get a well done. Supose if I went to college, dossed for a bit earning no money gone to uni & havin £10,000 of debit & probally not even getting a job a...t the end despite having a degree, cuz you have no life skills, id get a god party!!

As Law Student, I'd be frankly terrified if that person had a qualification in the legal profession... It's essential to present advice using coherent English in order to be taken seriously.

She sounds like a complete retard and at the end of the day; a degree from a good University will be of better standing than one from a local college. Harsh, but true. You can be proud that you've had the opportunity to move out in the world and leave home? I bet she's living with her parents still.

Seriously, if she can't even write a Facebook message that can be understood - those 'qualifications' will get her nowhere. Anyone can get some kind of qualification these days, and employers will know the difference in quality.

I'd remove her from Facebook - but first, advise her to take classes in basic English and get her head out her backside

ReputationRep:
    Dont take it personally.

But lets be honest here...university degrees, especially standard 3 year ones, are becoming less valuable. Many many graduates are out of jobs, dont go into the areas they are interested in and work for minimum wage behind bars. A freind of mine turned down 6 uni offers one being cambridge and went straight into work. TBH, if i were in the same area i would have done the same since i believe you can get further that way in the current climate.

Nevertheless, dont take it persoanlly, good luck with your future plans to work in NY

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.