Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

EDIT: Got them all now, thanks!!!

-HighSkies

ReputationRep:
    The schizophrenia question was worth 16+9 marks and was 'discuss one or more treatments for schizophrenia'...I think!

The media question was split in three.
    • The first was 'outline the difficulties with conducting research into computer games on young people' (or similar) for 5 marks
    • The second was 'discuss research on violence and computer games (again i'm not sure if that's the exact wording but that's what I remember!)
    • The third was 'discuss a social psychological explanation for celebrity worship' for 6+4 marks- I think!! :P

The research methods was hard to remember but it consisted of questions like stating the statistical test that should be used and why (4 marks), a definition of reliability and how it can be checked (4 marks), an advantage and a disadvantage of using questionnaires over interviews (4 marks) and designing a study for 10 marks.

Coddy_111 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coddy_111)
    The schizophrenia question was worth 16+9 marks and was 'discuss one or more treatments for schizophrenia'...I think!

The media question was split in three.
    • The first was 'outline the difficulties with conducting research into computer games on young people' (or similar) for 5 marks
    • The second was 'discuss research on violence and computer games (again i'm not sure if that's the exact wording but that's what I remember!)
    • The third was 'discuss a social psychological explanation for celebrity worship' for 6+4 marks- I think!! :P

The research methods was hard to remember but it consisted of questions like stating the statistical test that should be used and why (4 marks), a definition of reliability and how it can be checked (4 marks), an advantage and a disadvantage of using questionnaires over interviews (4 marks) and designing a study for 10 marks.

Coddy_111 x
    Thanks thats a great help! rep coming your way~

If anyone can add to this and/or confirm it that would be great! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I can't remember the exact questions but I can tell you a few of the things that came up.
    Research Methods
    We had to design a consent form (5marks)
    we has to explain reliability and how it could be checked (4marks i think)
    the likelihood of having made a Type 1 error (2 marks)
    design a study (10 marks)
    what statistical test could the researcher have used and why (4 marks) (it was mann whitney, no horrible chi square )
    thats about all i can remember I'm afraid! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    Hiya I can't remember the exact questions but I can tell you a few of the things that came up.
    Research Methods
    We had to design a consent form (5marks)
    we has to explain reliability and how it could be checked (4marks i think)
    the likelihood of having made a Type 1 error (2 marks)
    design a study (10 marks)
    what statistical test could the researcher have used and why (4 marks) (it was mann whitney, no horrible chi square )
    thats about all i can remember I'm afraid! Hope that helps
    Thank you! Its a great help and rep shall be coming your way. was there by any chance like a paragraph of writing before the research method questions?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday? We've just started this module - exam is in june no? AQA A Psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimz08)
    Yesterday? We've just started this module - exam is in june no? AQA A Psychology
    Some people learnt module 4 first and took the unit 4 exam just yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    The schizophrenia question was outline and evaluate 2 or more therapies.
    i think the research methods have been pretty much covered, and yeah there was quite a big paragraph with a table of results.
    umm with the designing the study, they were quite nice because they have you the hypothesis and you had to create a study for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himegan)
    The schizophrenia question was outline and evaluate 2 or more therapies.
    i think the research methods have been pretty much covered, and yeah there was quite a big paragraph with a table of results.
    umm with the designing the study, they were quite nice because they have you the hypothesis and you had to create a study for it
    Can you remember any of the hypothesis or what was generally said in the paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    teacher shall get the paper tomorrow or monday so i will try my best to copy up all the questions you want and any paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmieK)
    teacher shall get the paper tomorrow or monday so i will try my best to copy up all the questions you want and any paragraphs
    Again, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    bump~ Still in need of the research methods question!

ReputationRep:
    Did you get my message? i sent it last night. Didn't manage to scan the paper but got the questions for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmieK)
    Did you get my message? i sent it last night. Didn't manage to scan the paper but got the questions for you
    Oh, no sorry it musn't have come through, please send it again. Thank you!
    ETA: Or post it here if messages aren't working.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what questions came up for depression and anomalistic psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GazzaXtreme)
    anyone know what questions came up for depression and anomalistic psychology?
    Depression:

a) Outline clinical characteristics in depression. (5 marks)
    b) Explain issues associated with classification and/or diagnosis of depression. (10 marks)
    c) Outline and evalaute one biological therapy used in the treatment of depression. (4 + 6 marks)

Anomalistic Psychology:

a) A researcher wanted to test the ability of a known 'psychic healer'. Ten volunteers suffering from chronic back pain were selected through newspaper adverts. The volunteers were all given a questionnaire which rated their belief in psychic healing and another which rated their levels of pain. They were then randomly assigned to a treatment group or a control group.

Afterwards, all the volunteers filled in the pain questionnaire again. The researcher found that there was no significant effect on pain relief as a result of psychic healing.

Answer the following questions using your knowledge of research into psychic healing:

i) The researcher wanted to know if their was a correlation between belief in psychic healing and improvement in pain ratings. What statistical test could the researcher use? Justify your answer. (2 marks)

ii) Outline one ethical issue in this study and suggest how the researcher could have dealt with it. (3 marks)

iii) 'It is interesting why, even today in the modern age of science and technology, some people still believe in psychic healing.'
    Discuss factors underlying belief in psychic healing. (5 + 5 marks)

b) Outline and evaluate psychological research into belief in out-of-body experiences and/or near death experiences. (4 + 6 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone please tell me what the January question/s for addiction was?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura132)
    Thank you!
    gahh i could really do with this question too! :[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicallyconfused)
    gahh i could really do with this question too! :[
    (Original post by Laura132)
    Thank you!
    5a) 'A recent large survey on behalf of the Gambling Commission provided a number of interesting findings about gambling behaviour in Britain. For example, 57% of people had gambled on the National Lottery Draw in 2007, although the rat of problem gambling in the adult population was only around 0.6%. '

i) Explain some of the difficulties of gathering data about problem gambling. (5 marks)
    ii)Outline and evaluate one explanation of gambling addiction. (4 marks + 6 marks)

b) 'The relapse rate for smokers in the first three months after giving up is estimated at 70%.'
    Discuss why relapse occurs in people with addictive behaviour. (5 marks + 5 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighSkies)
    5a) 'A recent large survey on behalf of the Gambling Commission provided a number of interesting findings about gambling behaviour in Britain. For example, 57% of people had gambled on the National Lottery Draw in 2007, although the rat of problem gambling in the adult population was only around 0.6%. '

i) Explain some of the difficulties of gathering data about problem gambling. (5 marks)
    ii)Outline and evaluate one explanation of gambling addiction. (4 marks + 6 marks)

b) 'The relapse rate for smokers in the first three months after giving up is estimated at 70%.'
    Discuss why relapse occurs in people with addictive behaviour. (5 marks + 5 marks)

Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 8, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.