Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to work for Vogue or Elle what Apprenticeship should I take? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemichaeljackson)
    I'm sorry who is rude? An innocent just turned 16 year old girl with an ambition or a random cyber dude with clearly no life? And seeing as your so interested I changed the description in hope that annoying anal wipes like you would stay off the page and stop wasting my time! But clearly I was mistaken. My spelling is completely adequate, it's the internet I thought people understood abbreviations these days?

Thank-you greatly to the people who gave me good answers - all taken into consideration.
    And if everyone in the world didn't even attempt to achieve their life long dream just because the industry is competitive then there would be no ledgends in history books. I actually get a pleasure out of hearing "you'll never make it" because it motivates me even more to achieve.
    Adding an extra letter into a word is hardly an abbreviation, is it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested to know which Michael Jackson songs you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    'I am quiet shy and reserved when im getting to know somebody but once you know me im crazy lol! im very unpredictable and observant and quietly confident!'

Already glimpsed a fragment of your 'crazy' side. It didn't take much to uncover it.
    You've never met me? How can you make such a quick judgement after a few paragraphs? I understand forums a lot better now anyway. I was thinking to myself... It's funny how when I ask people in person what to do I get some decent advice along with constructive criticism and on forums people tell me I'm deluded and will end up as a cleaner! So I won't post anymore anyway...

And my favourite Michael Jackson song is "speechless" off the "invincible" album! Amazing song! I love all his music though. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Adding an extra letter into a word is hardly an abbreviation, is it?
    You're actually hilarious. You've clearly analyzed my every word in hope to find an error of some sort. I'm flattered that that was the only one someone as observant as you could criticise. By doing so I take it that you agree with what I said and would like to thank you greatly.

ReputationRep:
    and why is that?
    Spelling, darling.
    I can't answer your question, but all the best! =)

ReputationRep:
    Hint: on forums, try not to rise to their bait without an excellent counter argument. Blowing up at them gave them more ammunition and made you SEEM (I'm not saying you ARE) immature and very touchy.

I would agree with what other people have said. You need a degree and a good one; all journalism is highly competitive and Vogue even more so.

ReputationRep:
    You're actually hilarious. You've clearly analyzed my every word in hope to find an error of some sort. I'm flattered that that was the only one someone as observant as you could criticise. By doing so I take it that you agree with what I said and would like to thank you greatly.
    Analysed.

ReputationRep:
    Well, firstly: I didn't criticise the others because I think I've already pointed out that your spelling and grammar - and, actually, writing style in general - is terrible. I pointed out only the one because it was a contradiction of your 'argument', which, I think, means you need to come up with another.

Secondly, I'm baffled as to what it is you think I'd be agreeing with in your post by not pointing out the numerous mistakes in it. You didn't really make any point in the rest of the post; you just called someone 'random', which is an annoyingly common misuse of the term, and called him an anal wipe: which essentially just reduced your argument to ad hominem and made any genuine point you might have invalid.

As for your last paragraph:

And if everyone in the world didn't even attempt to achieve their life long dream just because the industry is competitive then there would be no ledgends in history books. I actually get a pleasure out of hearing "you'll never make it" because it motivates me even more to achieve.
    I never did say you shouldn't attempt it just because it's competitive. I implied that you shouldn't attempt it because you're not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    I've already pointed out that your spelling and grammar - and, actually, writing style in general - is terrible..[/I]
    this is a forum... not an english essay why would i take the time to type in a way to please freaks like you on a forum? and to piss u off i wil type like dis na. and its funi how i just recieved an a* in a media essay i rote and in additional comments stated "excellent writing stye" so thats entertaininnnnngg to hear

I pointed out only the one because it was a contradiction of your 'argument', which, I think, means you need to come up with another. [/I]
    i hav no "'argument'" i want to work for vogue end of. how cud i contradict my own non exsiting argument

Secondly, I'm baffled as to what it is you think I'd be agreeing with in your post by not pointing out the numerous mistakes in it. [/I]
    well sein as ur sad enuff to comment on summet as daft as a slip of the finger on a clearly ridiculous fourm..i jus figured u wud take the time to comment on all of ur smart analwiping comments.

you just called someone 'random', which is an annoyingly common misuse of the term, and called him an anal wipe[/I]
    Random definition
    –adjective 1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers. 2. Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.
    3. Building Trades. a. (of building materials) lacking uniformity of dimensions: random shingles.
    b. (of ashlar) laid without continuous courses.
    c. constructed or applied without regularity: random bond.

cyber dude was very random 'without definite aim, reason, or pattern' and you are an anal wipe.

I never did say you shouldn't attempt it just because it's competitive. I implied that you shouldn't attempt it because you're not good enough.
    wel 4 starts, i wernt even tlkin bout u i was tlkin bout people in general who say that to people with big ass dreams like me. and if u literally had a one to one with me in reality not this weird ass website..u wud be very surprised. ive come up with the conclusion that you are about 45, male, not married no children and you work a 9-5 job somewhere not that amazing. which is why u r obsessed by the internet and are hoping that one day ur insecurity will fade and you will become the president of the united states which is y u put ppl like myself down to make urself feel better.

u sy im nt gud enuff which is depressing not for me..but for someone who doesnt hav the self confidence to go for it and achieve wht they want to do. who genuinely doesnt hav the motivation to think to themselves get out there do it. but because i have those things i dont really mind because ive experienced lows of life that make people like you so insignificant to me and the only reason i am wasting time attempting to shut you up is because people will be told in reality that there not good enough. (ALLLLL sucessful people in life were told they were not good enough for one reason or another..does it mean they will fail? NOT AT ALL.) so, you could actually crush that person from doing that ambition and for what cause? who would it benefit?and we dont need ******** like you saying sh..itt like that when you most likely no NOTHING about the fashion industry and i never said i wanted to write for magazines anyway!! i simply asked the question are there courses i could so surrounding that area..for all you know i mite wana be a photographer for vogue you have NOO idea!!

maybe i do seem immature but i don't really care because i know for fact that i can be immature but as a person? no chance would that be a characteristic ihave so i am 100% secure and confident in myself and i know that it's guna take some busting of my booty to make it up there at vogue but im excited for that climb and like someone said earlier...start at the bottom. and thats wot il do! so end of discussion

ReputationRep:
    this is a forum... not an english essay why would i take the time to type in a way to please freaks like you on a forum? and to piss u off i wil type like dis na. and its funi how i just recieved an a* in a media essay i rote and in additional comments stated "excellent writing stye" so thats entertaininnnnngg to hear

i hav no "'argument'" i want to work for vogue end of. how cud i contradict my own non exsiting argument

well sein as ur sad enuff to comment on summet as daft as a slip of the finger on a clearly ridiculous fourm..i jus figured u wud take the time to comment on all of ur smart analwiping comments.

Random definition
    –adjective 1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers. 2. Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.
    3. Building Trades. a. (of building materials) lacking uniformity of dimensions: random shingles.
    b. (of ashlar) laid without continuous courses.
    c. constructed or applied without regularity: random bond.

cyber dude was very random 'without definite aim, reason, or pattern' and you are an anal wipe.

wel 4 starts, i wernt even tlkin bout u i was tlkin bout people in general who say that to people with big ass dreams like me. and if u literally had a one to one with me in reality not this weird ass website..u wud be very surprised. ive come up with the conclusion that you are about 45, male, not married no children and you work a 9-5 job somewhere not that amazing. which is why u r obsessed by the internet and are hoping that one day ur insecurity will fade and you will become the president of the united states which is y u put ppl like myself down to make urself feel better.

u sy im nt gud enuff which is depressing not for me..but for someone who doesnt hav the self confidence to go for it and achieve wht they want to do. who genuinely doesnt hav the motivation to think to themselves get out there do it. but because i have those things i dont really mind because ive experienced lows of life that make people like you so insignificant to me and the only reason i am wasting time attempting to shut you up is because people will be told in reality that there not good enough. (ALLLLL sucessful people in life were told they were not good enough for one reason or another..does it mean they will fail? NOT AT ALL.) so, you could actually crush that person from doing that ambition and for what cause? who would it benefit?and we dont need ******** like you saying sh..itt like that when you most likely no NOTHING about the fashion industry and i never said i wanted to write for magazines anyway!! i simply asked the question are there courses i could so surrounding that area..for all you know i mite wana be a photographer for vogue you have NOO idea!!

maybe i do seem immature but i don't really care because i know for fact that i can be immature but as a person? no chance would that be a characteristic ihave so i am 100% secure and confident in myself and i know that it's guna take some busting of my booty to make it up there at vogue but im excited for that climb and like someone said earlier...start at the bottom. and thats wot il do! so end of discussion
    1. I don't care what your teacher says.
    2. I don't believe your finger slipped that many times.
    3. Your argument was one in defence of my claim that you are an idiot.
    4. You misused random. The only way he was 'without definite aim, meaning or pattern' was in his being born; and yet, I don't think you meant to imply anything about the mysteries of the universe.
    5. I'm 19, female, at a very good university and have a boyfriend, a secure amount of friends, and a realistic view of the world.
    6. I'm perfectly happy to end the discussion here.

ReputationRep:
    1. I don't care what your teacher says.
    2. I don't believe your finger slipped that many times.
    3. Your argument was one in defence of my claim that you are an idiot.
    4. You misused random. The only way he was 'without definite aim, meaning or pattern' was in his being born; and yet, I don't think you meant to imply anything about the mysteries of the universe.
    5. I'm 19, female, at a very good university and have a boyfriend, a secure amount of friends, and a realistic view of the world.
    6. I'm perfectly happy to end the discussion here.
    1. i dont care tht u dnt care wot my teacher says but she clearly knows better than d.i.cks like yourself.
    2. it didnt but it did wen i put ledgends instead of legends the other times i meant to type like a teenage chav - its a typing habbit
    3. i never recall stating that i am an idiot, if you have it in your head that i did you are a delusional idiot yourself
    4. how do you no he was a he? he could of been a she oh my god you are sooo not good enough for this planet.. *rolls eyes*. and okay his actions were random so dont get so angry at the "common misuse" of a word that in my case was the tinyest bit off.
    5. shocked to my very core. your extremely insecure though. :eek: i rhymed!! cant be that bad at writing after all. ok there is realistic which is very important your right but it doesnt sound very fufilling to me.
    6.i wass too before you just proved to me that you clearly weren't happy to end the conversation where i was set on ending it as you carryed it on. but for now i am hapy to end it again right here right now. so bye bye cocky biatch

ReputationRep:
    5. shocked to my very core. your extremely insecure though. :eek: i rhymed!! cant be that bad at writing after all.
    i realized i added the word though so it didnt rhyme and i look a ****. just pointing it out before you start orgasming at the chance to show me up

ReputationRep:
    You've never met me? How can you make such a quick judgement after a few paragraphs? I understand forums a lot better now anyway. I was thinking to myself... It's funny how when I ask people in person what to do I get some decent advice along with constructive criticism and on forums people tell me I'm deluded and will end up as a cleaner! So I won't post anymore anyway...

And my favourite Michael Jackson song is "speechless" off the "invincible" album! Amazing song! I love all his music though. What about you?
    Well you decided to give a run down of your personality in your profile. You may have the single mindedness to potentially succeed. But single mindedness isn't necessarily nice (alhough it can be if directed well).

Speed Demon and Just Good Friends from Bad are 2 of my favourites. Just wanted to pick some lesser picked ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Speed Demon and Just Good Friends from Bad are 2 of my favourites. Just wanted to pick some lesser picked ones.
    i always thought just good friends was underated

off the wall: it's the falling in love and off the wall
    thriller: baby be mine and human nature
    bad: dirty diana and street walker (only in special edition)
    dangerous: in the closet and give in to me
    history: history and d.s
    invincible: break of dawn, butterflies and speechless

hes just a legend

ReputationRep:
    Ilovemichaeljackson- You mentioned the great Human Nature! - and I used to really like Dirty Diana as well. I don't know most of the songs from his other albums.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    if you want to get that job, i suggest you shag anna wintour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    if you want to get that job, i suggest you shag anna wintour.
    Or maybe André Leon Talley, which I'd imagine to be highly more enjoyable if not verging on hilarious.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Last Summer's Dream)
    Or maybe André Leon Talley, which I'd imagine to be highly more enjoyable if not verging on hilarious.
    :toofunny:
    that's amazing. rep for you, missy.

ReputationRep:
    ha that is funny. naaaaaaaaaat

ReputationRep:
    I'm always a bit sceptical of people who write like they are half illiterate and then claim it's just because "it's the internet", and that they are Hemingways in the making when they want to be. Typing coherently and quickly is not difficult, and it's an excellent habit to get into for later life; if someone doesn't find it sufficiently easy to do on an everyday basis, how will he survive when there are deadlines looming for high quality magazine articles?

Anyway. OP, you are being quite immature, but I'm not really here to point that out. I have a little present for you. It's highly unfortunate that I didn't see this thread a few weeks back or earlier, because the deadline has passed; but there is always next year. I'd take a note of it if I were you!

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/10...test-2010.aspx

By the way, I doubt Kater Murr is particularly insecure, so attacking her from this angle is likely to achieve results. Also - and I'm sure you'll realise this for yourself one day - teachers aren't actually as clever and amazing as they're made out to be when you're at school! I'm sure they know how to grade work, of course. Anyway, I do think you should work on your writing, but the most important thing otherwise is to get loads of experience at as good a university as you can get into - work on as many student publications as possible. Even start your own if there is room for it. Do work experience in university vacations ... on ANY paper at all, even a boring local one. You have to start somewhere and the earlier you start the better!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.