Turn on thread page Beta

What's wrong with being black? watch

ReputationRep:
    IM about 6'1/6'2 and whenever I go out (clubbing) I get called a player if i simply talk to a woman. Like seriously, what did I do?
    Girls, do you have problems with us or something?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing 'wrong' with being a black man, the player tag is merely a stereotype given by women who maybe aren't attracted to black men. Don't take it offensively, I've been called a player from time to time as well. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    IM about 6'1/6'2 and whenever I go out (clubbing) I get called a player if i simply talk to a woman. Like seriously, what did I do?
    You think there's something wrong with being a player?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know it's because you're black ? =/

ReputationRep:
    It's just one of those things, you don't know how to explain why, it just is.

/jk it's just a steriotype, just like saying all asians have small penises (which is not strictly true)

ReputationRep:
    As said above, how do you know it's because your black?
    I have no problem with black men.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, they're loss if they don't want some big penis :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Where does average whitey's impression of young black men come from? Hippity Hoppety, said hippity hopsters tend to like telling tales of playerdom and casual sex, and lo, a stereotype is born.

ReputationRep:
    Girls, do you have problems with us or something?
    Ah well, what can you do? stop dressing like a pimp if you do already :p: nothing wrong with being called a player, i wouldn't like being called it all the time though... what is it you say to these woman btw? if its something like "may i shag you" then stop it hehe. Some people just might find you rather suspicous looking cause you're quite tall and not the norm

ReputationRep:
    Obviously there's nothng wrong with being black. if you have to ask, then you have your own issues to deal with. Lots of people buy into stereotypes depending on their own securities/insecurities with different things. People who are quick to label you are people that you do not need in your life, so forget about them and move on, simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    As said above, how do you know it's because your black?
    I have no problem with black men.
    but you can't afford to be picky
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. How does being black have to do with being a player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pimpman777)
    /jk it's just a steriotype, just like saying all asians have small penises (which is not strictly true)
    Brown is the new black :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bolyolyoi)
    Ah well, what can you do? stop dressing like a pimp if you do already :p: nothing wrong with being called a player, i wouldn't like being called it all the time though... what is it you say to these woman btw? if its something like "may i shag you" then stop it hehe. Some people just might find you rather suspicous looking cause you're quite tall and not the norm
    no- who asks for sex?
    when people have sex does one suddenly go " may i have sex with you?" . It just happens, you can feel it.
    Maybe the way I go from girl to girl. If I can tell she's not interested I'll move on. I don't have lines per se, just normal conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi R Squared)
    I don't understand. How does being black have to do with being a player?
    shut up circle area! :p:

ReputationRep:
    but you can't afford to be picky
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:
    Very true :yes:

The immense pressure to dance well? :dontknow:

Not that I need to try. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing wrong with being black...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Very true :yes:
    it's cute that you're agreeing with me, but you know you're hurt

ReputationRep:
    Are you good looking with an air of confidence? Do you have a cheeky half smile?

Those above things are actually good things, but they are associated with being a player.

Alternatively, you may well have the negative traits of a player. Do you openly perv on girls? Say sleazy things?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.