Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AS Chemistry Intermolecular Forces HELP! watch

(Original post by Coke Or Pepsi)
    so basically induced-induced is the same as instantaneous-induced?
    Yeah, because the induced dipoles were at some point 'created' from an instantaneous dipole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coke Or Pepsi)
    Instantaneous isn't the same as induced :{ instantaneous is because the electrons move, so one part can be delta pos/neg, but induced is because a polar molecule causes the electron density to shift

Also Bubbalina you also applied to BioMed (sorry for the irrelevance) but you applied to dentistry for the rest. I'm thinking of applying to BioMed as my 5th option, but doesn't that mean you have to change your personal statement to fit both courses? Or not? Thanks sorry again x

That's what I thought but I can't find it anywhere :{

Oh yeah you're right sorry if I confused you!
    I based my PS all around dentistry because thats what 4/5 of my choices were and you kind of have to make it mainly dentistry based if you want to get looked at! But i had in there that i liked science etc and i had an interview at my biomed uni, manchester, and they asked me to bring along a second persoal statement about biomedical science, which i did, but i know people whove got a biomed offer with a purely medical/dental based PS, i think they kind of expect it to be a back up for those peple so shouldnt be a problem.

What are you thinking of applying to? x x x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bubbalina)
    Oh yeah you're right sorry if I confused you!
    I based my PS all around dentistry because thats what 4/5 of my choices were and you kind of have to make it mainly dentistry based if you want to get looked at! But i had in there that i liked science etc and i had an interview at my biomed uni, manchester, and they asked me to bring along a second persoal statement about biomedical science, which i did, but i know people whove got a biomed offer with a purely medical/dental based PS, i think they kind of expect it to be a back up for those peple so shouldnt be a problem.

What are you thinking of applying to? x x x
    yeah. Because I thought you know might as well just apply for biomed anyway. No harm done.

I'm thinking Oxford, Kings, Queen Mary (Barts) and Peninsula. Not sure about the biomed uni though! Xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.