Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how long it normally takes for the theory test, hazard perception and for them to give you the results as ive got a driving lesson at 11 and my theory tests at 9

ReputationRep:
    You get an hour to answer 50 questions, then about 30 mins of the hazard perceptions.

It took me about 10 mins to do the MCQ's making it a total time of about 45mins

You find out striaght away if you passed or failed!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes LOL? you was quick

ReputationRep:
    I got there early - but they let me start early!
    Took me around 10 mins for the questions - then hazard perception takes as however long it takes.
    You get your results straight away - and are then free to go.
    Overall took me about half an hour (enough to get back to college in time for the first lesson of the day)

ReputationRep:
    do some practices online, youll see how quick it really is.
    get there early, so you might be able to start sooner.

good luck...

ReputationRep:
    fnx ppl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyboii)
    10 minutes LOL? you was quick
    Yup, if you pratice it becomes like second nature. AND its multiple choice!!! Got 49/50

Plus most of the questions are stupidly easy - like one i had was:

Q - What does a red light mean:

a) Come to a complete stop
    b) Slow down, check in all directions and then continue with caution
    c) Nothing, continue at current speed ( I wish )
    d) Depends on the time of day (!?!?!)

ReputationRep:
    The driving part of your car test will last about 40 minutes. Throughout the practical test your examiner will be looking for an overall safe standard of driving, including when you are carrying out the set exercises. You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass the test (16 or more results in failure). However, if you commit one serious or dangerous fault you will fail the practical test.

ReputationRep:
    On the hazard perception- make sure you click a few times for each 'developing' hazard, that is not the pedestrian just walking along the footpath but the one that is just about to step out on to the road for example. Reason for this is that you *might* click too early so it's best to click a few times for each hazard you see.

Don't spam click though else you'll lose any marks for that clip, but for that you have to really thrash the mouse.

ReputationRep:
    Hazard Perception Test:
    1. You will be shown 14 clips, of which there will be 15 hazards.
    2.Do not click the mouse repeatedly, as you will get zero score for that clip.
    3.You will be given a letter before you leave.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    Yup, if you pratice it becomes like second nature. AND its multiple choice!!! Got 49/50

Plus most of the questions are stupidly easy - like one i had was:

Q - What does a red light mean:

a) Come to a complete stop
    b) Slow down, check in all directions and then continue with caution
    c) Nothing, continue at current speed ( I wish )
    d) Depends on the time of day (!?!?!)
    I had that question too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flibbles)
    On the hazard perception- make sure you click a few times for each 'developing' hazard, that is not the pedestrian just walking along the footpath but the one that is just about to step out on to the road for example. Reason for this is that you *might* click too early so it's best to click a few times for each hazard you see.

Don't spam click though else you'll lose any marks for that clip, but for that you have to really thrash the mouse.
    Not really, I clicked i think 4 times cos i saw four potential hazards and then got told that i was clicking repetitively.

Really hated that test. it's so lame, sos the theory part as well. got 50/50 cos of all the stupid questions.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.