Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am applying to do Dietetics and I have my first interview in a few weeks. Has anyone had a interview like this? Or any good tips/advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a second year dietetic student, and had my interview very nearly two years ago to the day. It would probably vary from place to place, but at Chester we had a group interview/task, enabling us to show how we can communicate and work in a group etc. Then there was a one-to-one interview. For this I was asked for examples of how I manage time, have I worked in a team, what does a dietitian do? You have to thoroughly research the role of a dietitian and have an awareness of current health issues.

Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for getting back to me - thats really helpful! I am applying to Kings, London Met, Queen Margarets and my interview is at Hertfordshire. I've done a lot of research into dietetics and nutrition so fingers crossed! Do you have any books/magazines youc ould recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry for late reply - been very busy with assignments (

Don't know if it would be worth looking at any books or magazines for the interview - I could only suggest a dietitian magazines, such as NHD (Network Health Dietitians) but not sure if you have to be a dietitian student to subscribe. A book I've found good is called Counselling Skills for Dietitians, by Gable. There are obviously plenty of science nutrition books but I think at this level they would just expect you to have researched the role and keep aware of current health/science issues and know a bit about the NHS, as you say you are doing.

Let me know how you get on x

ReputationRep:
    any idea what to expect from Surrey Uni and Hedfortshire Uni for dietetics interview?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.