Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've never been to a pub before (i know shocking :eek: ) but thats because im not the type to drink (shock #2 :eek: ) however it my friend's 19th and i must go. The will be a guy that i really like and i think it would be a good chance to make my more :yes:.

So my question is what do i wear to a birthday/pub thing (which is not a pub crawl) and dont say heels as im not a huge fan of them.

Thanks guys!

Oh and how do i break the ice with this 'guy' i see him at my sixth at least 3 times a week and he was at my other friend's party and we exchanged a few words and smiled at each other but i dont know what to say this time round.

ReputationRep:
    Not a girl, but I can answer.

Anything, it's a pub no one gives a ****.

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, I remember you from somewhere!" Let him guess then and your conversation will start by itself

ReputationRep:
    It's a pub so don't dress up too much. If you want to impress then go with a nice top and jeans or something. Heels are probably overkill. I personally wear jeans and a hoody!

ReputationRep:
    Nice pair of jeans? Cute top? Because it's just a pub people don't generally dress up. So make it look effortless!

ReputationRep:
    my dress code for pub is in between casual and going out...like you'd doll up a little bit but not showing a lot of skin...heels if u want...something like jeans and a little top?

ReputationRep:
    Don't go really dressy you'll look silly. Jeans and tshirt is fine for a pub.

If you're looking to impress a guy, don't pick your oldest tshirt :p: and just be friendly guys like friendly relaxed girls, don't get too drunk either!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever I've been wearing for the rest of the day. Which may or may not be my pyjamas.
    But really, just jeans etc, casual as hell. Tidy up my hair and makeup somewhat. Done.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny jeans and nice top or a smart casual dress?

ReputationRep:
    i'd say a nice shirt, definitely shirt is the way forward. and a denim mini with tights, or skinny jeans and ballet-type shoes. that's what i would wear, effortless and casual and sooo comfy. be comfy!! definitely be comfy. and to the guy, just be friendly but not over-friendly. and don't do the 'do i recognize you thing', cos if i said that i wouldn't actually be trying to initiate a conversation, just genuinely wondering who they were. cos it's SO annoying when you recognize someone and can't pinpoint them. but most importantly sounds like you see him too often to pull that one off, he might be offended or just see right through it. just do the whole, i'm going up - does anyone want a drink? if it's a go up and ask type pub. and ask him if he wants one. if he says 'pint of stella' or something (haha i dunno) just take the piss out of his choice of drink, in a friendly way. if he asks for cider definitely take the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    i'd say a nice shirt, definitely shirt is the way forward. and a denim mini with tights, or skinny jeans and ballet-type shoes. that's what i would wear, effortless and casual and sooo comfy. be comfy!! definitely be comfy. and to the guy, just be friendly but not over-friendly. and don't do the 'do i recognize you thing', cos if i said that i wouldn't actually be trying to initiate a conversation, just genuinely wondering who they were. cos it's SO annoying when you recognize someone and can't pinpoint them. but most importantly sounds like you see him too often to pull that one off, he might be offended or just see right through it. just do the whole, i'm going up - does anyone want a drink? if it's a go up and ask type pub. and ask him if he wants one. if he says 'pint of stella' or something (haha i dunno) just take the piss out of his choice of drink, in a friendly way. if he asks for cider definitely take the piss.
    Ok, what does everyone think of me wearing a blue checked top (those preppy type ones that most people own), blue or grey cardigan (not sure which), denim mini tights & grey uggs or flats (not sure which)

I would have worn skinny jeans but i want to make an effort (as she is one of my best friends and i ALWAYS wear skinny jeans).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Casual.

Don't overdo it as you'll probably look out of place...

ReputationRep:
    i personally wear skinny jeans, a nice top and cowboy boots generally with a belt and a long cardigan or something along those lines its casual but still looks great good luck with the guy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_anon)
    Ok, what does everyone think of me wearing a blue checked top (those preppy type ones that most people own), blue or grey cardigan (not sure which), denim mini tights & grey uggs or flats (not sure which)

I would have worn skinny jeans but i want to make an effort (as she is one of my best friends and i ALWAYS wear skinny jeans).
    Checked top, grey cardi, either jeans or mini (it seriously doesn't matter, so whichever you're more comfortable in), and flats.

Honestly, I go to the pub in whatever I've been wearing that day. Just make yourself look nice as if you were going out for the day.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny jeans or jeggings with some sparkly flats then either a t-shirt and little cardigan or a check shirt, then a pair of stud earrings, a ring and a watch. Anything more and I'd feel out of place.

edit, I DEF don't think you should wear the uggs.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've never been to a pub before (i know shocking :eek: ) but thats because im not the type to drink (shock #2 :eek: ) however it my friend's 19th and i must go. The will be a guy that i really like and i think it would be a good chance to make my more :yes:.

So my question is what do i wear to a birthday/pub thing (which is not a pub crawl) and dont say heels as im not a huge fan of them.

Thanks guys!

Oh and how do i break the ice with this 'guy' i see him at my sixth at least 3 times a week and he was at my other friend's party and we exchanged a few words and smiled at each other but i dont know what to say this time round.
    Baggy jeans with a large oversized white t shirt, kay?

ReputationRep:

that sounds really nice i personally would go for flats not uggs although i love them, flats look nicer for a pub. x

ReputationRep:
    A full metal diving suit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.