Turn on thread page Beta

Yep, it's another one of these topics but I've been feeling quite depressed this past week so just gonna write it at least and maybe it'll help - somehow.

It's not that I don't have friends or family but I'll try explain. Whenever I get home from school I'm basically always alone - I have a sister but she's moved to live in America because she got a job there (she's 21) and my parents both work quite late so they'll come at 10-11pm. I have quite a few friends but I moved school and so now I rarely see them - I try a lot to organise something but they'll either be busy or it'll be very rarely. I've told them many times to text me if they are free and wanna hang out and then later I'll talk to them maybe on MSN and they'll say they just forgot which makes me feel like they just don't care and have forgotten about me.

I live quite far away from the school I go to right (about an hour and a half) whilst most of the people who go there live very close which makes it near impossible for me to meet up with them as it would be expensive and just not feasible. I've tried making more friends there and I have but they are just "school" friends; not ones I can really see outside school. A few are better than that but they are people who are fine just staying at home and whilst I do the same a lot of the time I really don't like it.

You can say get a hobby which I have done but not led to anything great. Started playing tennis and squash but most of the people who go there are adults and so there's no chance of making any friends there (I'm 16, nearly 17). Also decided to become more fit and not waste my time so I go to the gym occasionally but, again, predominantly filled with adults who have no interest in talking to a teenage boy. What the hell can I do? I try be friendly to many people at school so whilst I'm actually in school it's fine but when I get back home I just never go out because there's nothing to do. I want to be social - I really do - but it's hard when everyone lives so far away or don't even care.

ReputationRep:
    http://chatroulette.com/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.