Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have my test on Wednesday and don't have a lesson til Tuesday then one before the test on Wednesday. I had a mock test today with my instructor and got 2 serious faults - so failed. I hit the curb when reversing around the corner and left it too late to change lanes and caused a car to slow down.

Do you have any tests for the day. I am trying not to be nervous but dont feel very confident...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle87)
    Hi, I have my test on Wednesday and don't have a lesson til Tuesday then one before the test on Wednesday. I had a mock test today with my instructor and got 2 serious faults - so failed. I hit the curb when reversing around the corner and left it too late to change lanes and caused a car to slow down.

Do you have any tests for the day. I am trying not to be nervous but dont feel very confident...
    I would say just relax. seriously.

On my last lesson before my test, not counting the hour before the test I did really bad on my manovers, driving etc, hitting the kerb a few times, just absoltely messing up my manovers, just driving all overr the place. Same goes before my lesson before my exam was just absolutely wroried.

however, I thought within 10 minutes I've failed because I touched the kerb, but I didn't mount it therefore I passed, but I didn't realised that and thought I failed and basically didn't care and was trying not to make it any worse, but I've passed with 6 minors.

um. I hope this is helpful...:o:

ReputationRep:
    I never actually passed a mock test and then passed my real test first time with only two minors.
    So the advice I would give is check your mirrors as obsessively as you have been taught, and just be super alert to everything going on around you.
    Hope you pass!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

:O I also have a test on Wednesday and just had a mock and haven't got another lesson till Monday. I failed my mock on 6 minors, 1 and a half majors (pulling up at an inappropriate place (bus stop) and not quite following the line of a roundabout, which he gave me a minor for initially but said should maybe be a major).

TBH I think it's just the luck on the day, whether you happen to get nervous and get it a bit wrong, or whether you get some tricky situations. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Stay close to the speed limits! I failed mine 2 weeks ago and am doing it again on monday.When I failed, I got two majors one for doing 40 in a 50 (I was shocked) and the other was for being too far out on reverse/parallel park .... Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rick4236)
    Stay close to the speed limits! I failed mine 2 weeks ago and am doing it again on monday.When I failed, I got two majors one for doing 40 in a 50 (I was shocked) and the other was for being too far out on reverse/parallel park .... Good luck

That sucks

My driving teacher would scream at me if I was going too slow, I think she'll kill me if I fail for going too slow. Why were you only doing 40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rick4236)
    Yeah, that sucks, I know! One of my friends failed for doing 26 in a 30 :confused: Very weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    That sucks

My driving teacher would scream at me if I was going too slow, I think she'll kill me if I fail for going too slow. Why were you only doing 40?
    It just felt right on that particular road. In my lesson the other day we hit 50 on that road but it kind of felt wrong! It's a bendy country road. There were definitely stretches I should have hit 50 on but on parts of it, any more than 40 and I would be in the next field!

ReputationRep:
    I passed today ironically, just stay calm - i thought i had failed but just kept driving as though i hadnt made any mistakes

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.