Turn on thread page Beta

How to break the ice... watch

Announcements

Hey guys,

Just seeking some advice as to how I should approach this.

There is a girl in my tutorial group who I am rather attracted too, but I am too hesitant to say something in case I make a bad impression and ruin my chances indefinitely.

Today, as with the previous week, she would occasionally look over at me. To begin with, I walked up to her but bottled it when I thought about saying something - the thing with me is that I have these feelings, but nerves are a killer! After this point, she would look at me every so often. And then...in the classroom I walked in. She sat on the opposite side of the classroom. I initially sat opposite to her, but then felt the impulse to sit nearby her on her side, and I did so. There was a point during the class when she was looking at me from time to time. When I looked to the side, she turned away. But she continued to keep looking.

How exactly would I approach this? I want to make a good impression, not a mixed one. She seems very nice, and not the 'I've slept with fifty guys today, I also have high self-esteem!' type. I am being realistic here, this may lead to nothing. But the glimpses I have had from her over the previous two weeks might mean something.

So, could somebody just give me some advice as to break the ice? I would feel a little bit more comfortable speaking to her if I knew how to approach it.

i think you should just swallow your nerves and talk to her. she could feel the same and is waiting for you. she would probably prefer it if you had no nerves. most girls prefer it when guys make the first move. otherwise she could think nothing of it and find sumone else.

ReputationRep:
    yeah just be like hey how are you? keepthe convo going, discuss common ground like classes or events or people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.