• Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    Good good!

Access courses are interesting enough. They're by no means as easy as some of the folk on here seem to profess. It really depends on what he wants to study, if he's really not bothered and he'll study anywhere then he'll easily pick up a course in clearing with an access course. I'm doing chemistry and wanted to do it at a semi decent university so have to do access, foundation then undergrad.
    Sorry if it sounded bad. I completely understand the need for alternative courses. I'm a mature student so it was an option for me :yes: BTECs get exactly the same types of comments too (all easy, cheats way in to university etc) but I know they're both hard work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Sorry if it sounded bad. I completely understand the need for alternative courses. I'm a mature student so it was an option for me :yes: BTECs get exactly the same types of comments too (all easy, cheats way in to university etc) but I know they're both hard work!
    Not to worry. How did you get in in the end? Did you do a levels? I looked into it but at 24 you can only do them from home, in the north west anyway!

P.S - What do you get if you divide the circumference of an apple by its diameter?

... Apple Pi!

Mmm
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    Not to worry. How did you get in in the end? Did you do a levels? I looked into it but at 24 you can only do them from home, in the north west anyway!

P.S - What do you get if you divide the circumference of an apple by its diameter?

... Apple Pi!

Mmm
    I took a BTEC Nat Dip in college and got triple distinction. Oldest in my class but the whole experience was awesome.

Now you've made me hungry :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you going to retake GCSE Maths?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Please guys let's keep this on-topic and civil. There is no need to insult the OP or anybody else in a similar position - if you can't offer any constructive advice then please refrain from posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I took a BTEC Nat Dip in college and got triple distinction. Oldest in my class but the whole experience was awesome.

Now you've made me hungry :p:
    There's a wide range on our access course. From 19 - 52, it's interesting that's for sure.

Yeah I made myself hungry as well, bad times.

However, food = good times.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, i will probably retake GCSE maths on a night and take up an A level, although i'm a bit shady on the A levels. Bit of a nooby question but how do they work? I've never thought about A levels before as i was always on BTEC's.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beagrie07)
    Thinking about it, i will probably retake GCSE maths on a night and take up an A level, although i'm a bit shady on the A levels. Bit of a nooby question but how do they work? I've never thought about A levels before as i was always on BTEC's.

Thanks
    Have a look at some of the content on this forum, which is specifically for discussion regarding A-level qualifications.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    At my school you can do a Certificate of personal effectiveness which gives you 70 UCAS points. There isn't that much work involved. You just have to be part of a team, learn a skill (this can be learning to drive) and do career planning. I didn't do it so don't know much more about it but check out
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_...factsheet/cope

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.