Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure what to make of this... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    About this time last week, i logged onto gttr to check for changes, only to find UEL has rejected me.

So today i logged onto MSN to find an email from someone from UEL inviting me to an interview. :eek:

So on the one hand GTTR is saying UEL has declared me unsuccessful yet, just today ive been invited to an interview at the UEL.

Im not sure what to make of it now. Up until i got rejected i really wanted to do my PGCE at the UEL, but now im having mixed feelings. Im really confused now given whats happened.

Theres also my current job i have. It been an absolute joy so far. Quite reluctant to quite now.

What shall i do...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    It could be that perhaps UEL didn't update track on time, so it automatically changed to unsuccessful,

However the best thing to do is ring GTTR and UEL and check.

Also, I think it would be worth going to the interview anyway. You may regret it if you didn't, and if you do get a place and really don't want to take it, that's ok. I think it would be a pity to be sorry that you didn't take theinterview.

Best of luck with whatever you choose

ReputationRep:
    I logged into track last week and my application had be stopped! I was worried I had been rejected by UEL even though I was told I had an interview.
    So I called the college and they said that they stopped my application so GTTR wouldnt reject it by default. So maybe they meant to stop yours but GTTR rejected first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jac_k)
    I logged into track last week and my application had be stopped! I was worried I had been rejected by UEL even though I was told I had an interview.
    So I called the college and they said that they stopped my application so GTTR wouldnt reject it by default. So maybe they meant to stop yours but GTTR rejected first.
    hmm...what do you mean by "Stopped". You have the interview, right?

I think you might be right though.

ReputationRep:
    The uni is given 28 days I think to make a decision, however if they need more time they can put STOP in the decision column on track so that your application won't be sent to the next choice.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what Daisy said!!! I looked up the glossary and it said that the uni may need more time to decide or need more information! So I called thinking they need more information but was told otherwise! I got an email from them last week then with my interview date!

ReputationRep:
    ...without looking too much into it, is this generally a good thing or a bad thing?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sorry lookingtoteach, I don't have any idea about whether GTTR has stuffed up or not. If you have been granted an interview at UEL you should certainly take it. Whatever the situation is, you don't need to quit your job to attend the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Sorry lookingtoteach, I don't have any idea about whether GTTR has stuffed up or not. If you have been granted an interview at UEL you should certainly take it. Whatever the situation is, you don't need to quit your job to attend the interview.
    lol, i didn't mean i'll have to quite my job to the interview(luckily the interview falls during the half-term). I was merely saying if i get the placement, i'll have to quite my current job which i enjoy so much. To add to this, i will have only been employed for about 7 months which im worried how my employers will take this. Many of my colleagues have worked there 10 years plus.

Thanks Mr M
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lookingtoteach)
    lol, i didn't mean i'll have to quite my job to the interview(luckily the interview falls during the half-term). I was merely saying if i get the placement, i'll have to quite my current job which i enjoy so much. To add to this, i will have only been employed for about 7 months which im worried how my employers will take this. Many of my colleagues have worked there 10 years plus.

Thanks Mr M
    You seem to always need something to worry about. Have you ever sought professional advice about your anxiety? Sorry if that sounds rude but the way you dwell on your problems cannot be good for you.

Dr M (no medical qualification) prescribes a chill pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    You seem to always need something to worry about. Have you ever sought professional advice about your anxiety? Sorry if that sounds rude but the way you dwell on your problems cannot be good for you.

Dr M (no medical qualification) prescribes a chill pill.
    I do suffer from mild anxiety i must admit. Ironically being in a school seems to reduce it.

Its ok Mr M. I take you advice with great heed.

I need to take things day by day, and for things that are not going to effect me in the immediate future, its probably better to cross that bridge when i get there.

Thanks Mr M
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lookingtoteach)
    I do suffer from mild anxiety i must admit. Ironically being in a school seems to reduce it.

Its ok Mr M. I take you advice with great heed.

I need to take things day by day, and for things that are not going to effect me in the immediate future, its probably better to cross that bridge when i get there.

Thanks Mr M
    Good luck. I'm crossing my fingers for your PGCE interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Good luck. I'm crossing my fingers for your PGCE interview.
    Thanks Mr M.

ReputationRep:
    I think I read in another thread of yours that teaching is really what you want to do if so you have to go to the interview and then whatever decision the uni makes you can take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xviclx)
    I think I read in another thread of yours that teaching is really what you want to do if so you have to go to the interview and then whatever decision the uni makes you can take it from there.
    Yep, thats exactly what i wish to do.

Thanks xviclx

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.