Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got a Biology ISA next week, its something to do with the movement of substances through plasma membranes.

Anyone know what practical it could be? and how can i revise for it?:confused:

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Which board?

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing AQA then go through the markscheme for the table/graph to see where you can get maximum marks then go through past papers.

- 6 marks - you can get these from the teacher's -observation
    - 3 marks - table of results
    - 7 marks - graph work

The rest is dependent on your mark in the exam paper. My advice is to go through the specimen papers provided by the AQA website and look through it thoroughly. You should be able to pick up atleast 16/50 marks without effort. (referring to the above points)

Best of luck! Let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for the advice my practical ISA is tommorow,

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    For AS, which I presume this ISA is, you'll get 6 marks for Practical Skills Assessment, which your teacher will allocate.
    You'll get 6 marks for your graph and table.
    And you'll get another 38 marks from your paper.

ReputationRep:
    How comes you got yours so much earlier than me?
    i got the same ISA in 3 days (on Thursday 11th) and any advice or help on what i'm facing would be muchly appriciated

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone already done their ISA's at AS for AQA???!!!!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Has anyone already done their ISA's at AS for AQA???!!!!!
    This can't be AQA board because I am doing A2 Biology AQA, with AQA, you have an Externally Marked Practical Assesment(EMPA) which is at the end of february/end of march. Make sure you do well in it, it cost me my A grade and if you do badly in it you have to re-take it next year(only comes once a year from what im told). You should be given the specimen which is something to do with lactase and measuring the time taken for somthing to go down a syringe. Thats what i remember from AS, Im worried about Unit 4 which people made a facebook group about because it was mainly logic :/

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.