Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi - sorry if this has been done several times, but looking through past threads confused me and I thought it best to ask again.

I was wondering if anyone could perhaps outline the process of transferring? I realise that you specify on your UCAS form which year of study you're applying to enter. If I applied to one university for 2008 entry, and now wanted to apply for a transfer to a different uni for 2010 entry (say into the second or third year of their program - I realise this in itself may be tricky, but for the sake of argument assume they've agreed to consider this for me), would I start a new UCAS application with new username etc from scratch, and then select university courses (specifiying a different year)?

Sorry, I'm just completely clueless. Any help from anyone would really be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much how it works, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    That's pretty much how it works, yes.
    Okay, so I should create a whole new UCAS profile, not just edit my previous one? And it would work just like an initial application - I could choose courses at 5 universities? If so, should I contact them first and ask if they'd consider me for a transfer?

Sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Okay, so I should create a whole new UCAS profile, not just edit my previous one? And it would work just like an initial application - I could choose courses at 5 universities? If so, should I contact them first and ask if they'd consider me for a transfer?

Sorry :o:
    If it's possible to apply for new courses using your original profile, you may as well use that I guess. In any case it will be just like before, you apply to 5 and they give you an offer or reject you.

And yes, contact them first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    If it's possible to apply for new courses using your original profile, you may as well use that I guess. In any case it will be just like before, you apply to 5 and they give you an offer or reject you.

And yes, contact them first.
    Also, how would I enter into my application my two years spent studying at a different one? Just in my personal statement?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.