Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi - sorry if this has been done several times, but looking through past threads confused me and I thought it best to ask again.

I was wondering if anyone could perhaps outline the process of transferring? I realise that you specify on your UCAS form which year of study you're applying to enter. If I applied to one university for 2008 entry, and now wanted to apply for a transfer to a different uni for 2010 entry (say into the second or third year of their program - I realise this in itself may be tricky, but for the sake of argument assume they've agreed to consider this for me), would I start a new UCAS application with new username etc from scratch, and then select university courses (specifiying a different year)?

Sorry, I'm just completely clueless. Any help from anyone would really be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much how it works, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    That's pretty much how it works, yes.
    Okay, so I should create a whole new UCAS profile, not just edit my previous one? And it would work just like an initial application - I could choose courses at 5 universities? If so, should I contact them first and ask if they'd consider me for a transfer?

Sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Okay, so I should create a whole new UCAS profile, not just edit my previous one? And it would work just like an initial application - I could choose courses at 5 universities? If so, should I contact them first and ask if they'd consider me for a transfer?

Sorry :o:
    If it's possible to apply for new courses using your original profile, you may as well use that I guess. In any case it will be just like before, you apply to 5 and they give you an offer or reject you.

And yes, contact them first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    If it's possible to apply for new courses using your original profile, you may as well use that I guess. In any case it will be just like before, you apply to 5 and they give you an offer or reject you.

And yes, contact them first.
    Also, how would I enter into my application my two years spent studying at a different one? Just in my personal statement?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.