Turn on thread page Beta

Maintenance Loan - Now eligible for Maintenance Grant - What to do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am in Year 1, started September 2009.

I applied the Maintenance Loan, have recieved two payments so far. However, as of April 30th my Household income will be £17,000.. Not the previous amount which resulted in me not being eligible for the Maintenance Grant.. What do I have to do to receive the Maintenance Grant from April 30th?

Also, can I get the Maintenance Grant and the Maintenance Loan?

Thanks,

Dan.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have finished you year by then, pretty much. You need to re-apply for student finance every year (and should be doing so now or soon for second year), so you can have your situation re-assessed for the coming September when you do so.

ReputationRep:
    Also your household income is assessed in the previous financial year, so if you wern't eligible last year then a change in your household income from april 30th means you won't get any increase until your 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    The money you receive is based on your household income before you start each academic year. I don't think you will be able to receive a maintenance grant just for the last month of two of your first year.

A household income of £17000 should entitle you to a full maintenance grant for your second or third academic year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    Also your household income is assessed in the previous financial year, so if you wern't eligible last year then a change in your household income from april 30th means you won't get any increase until your 3rd year.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    You can ask them to do a current income assessment if there is a difference of 15% between your current income and that of 08/09. They get you to estimate your income for the 10/11 financial year and base the assessment on that, then in April 2011 they ask you to send evidence and if you over estimated they ask you to pay some of the money back.

ReputationRep:
    CO1 - change of circumstances form here

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.