Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know its another one of these threads sorry, but I feel pretty upset atm so i'm going to post anyway.
    Basically i'm 18 and never had a bf, or never got close to a guy. Ive got a few boys who are friends, but not close and they have girlfriends or fancy someone else. All of my close friends are girls.
    I am shy, but when I get to know people i'm quite outgoing. People have said that i'm sweet and a nice person, and I don't think i'm ugly, a few people have said i'm pretty. So why do I get no male attention? All my friends keep getting boyfriends and flirting loads, and I do flirt sometimes but nothing ever comes of it. Its just like guys cant be bothered with me or think i'm part of the wall. They always talk to my friends more, and seem to leave me out.

The reason why i'm feeling upset about this today is the guy I like, I dont even know, found out I liked him and then told all his friends, and when I walked past them they were all laughing at me and it was obvious he didnt like me in that way. I guess he was out of my league anyway. But now i'm so embarrassed and am dreading tomorrow, already cried about it, which seems really stupid

Sorry for the long post, I hope you get what i'm feeling! Any advice? x

Bump...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The reason why i'm feeling upset about this today is the guy I like, I dont even know, found out I liked him and then told all his friends, and when I walked past them they were all laughing at me and it was obvious he didnt like me in that way. I guess he was out of my league anyway. But now i'm so embarrassed and am dreading tomorrow, already cried about it, which seems really stupid

:jumphug:

There's no such thing as being out of someone's league

Can I just ask, are you at school or sixth form with people you've grown up with? If so, it can be really hard to get people to see you as less of the little kid you were in year 7 and that they've grown up with, and more of a love interest.

I wouldn't worry about what happened today, there will be people talking about it tomorrow but you can always try and laugh it off and hide behind your friends, and I'm pretty sure everyone will have something more interesting to talk about by Monday

ReputationRep:
    They were laughing at you? **** them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying about boys who don't like you. Just dress nicely, have a good smile, be fun to be around and then boys will start to like you.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry OP. Seriously, You're only 18 You will one day meet someone! Maybe tomorrow or maybe next year - someone definitely will come into your life! Are you going to university or are you at university?

ReputationRep:
    I know its another one of these threads sorry, but I feel pretty upset atm so i'm going to post anyway.
    Basically i'm 18 and never had a bf, or never got close to a guy. Ive got a few boys who are friends, but not close and they have girlfriends or fancy someone else. All of my close friends are girls.
    I am shy, but when I get to know people i'm quite outgoing. People have said that i'm sweet and a nice person, and I don't think i'm ugly, a few people have said i'm pretty. So why do I get no male attention? All my friends keep getting boyfriends and flirting loads, and I do flirt sometimes but nothing ever comes of it. Its just like guys cant be bothered with me or think i'm part of the wall. They always talk to my friends more, and seem to leave me out.

Hey,

Now I'm going to be honest OK. Sex and all of this is only a big deal to 12 year old girls on estates who want 4 babies by the time they are 14, because their friends have.

Don't worry about having a boyfriend, I've never had a girlfriend either, and I absolutely could not care less. The right person will come along who likes you for who YOU are, not for trying to be more like other people.

If you want to talk, then PM me.

Take care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

There's no such thing as being out of someone's league
    Lies.

This woman;

http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/...na-jolie-1.jpg

is out of this mans league;

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...04_468x550.jpg

if your not at uni yet you should'nt be worried, plus yor only 18, i dont get why your so upset about it :/

ReputationRep:

Meh I hate when guys our age can still be so immature :mad:

But I don't think there's anything wrong with being 18 and having not had a boyfriend. I'm in the same situation actually. You just haven't met the right guy yet, there's no shame in that.

ReputationRep:
    Cliched, I know, but don't worry about it. **** them. Nothing wrong with you.

Though being shy doesn't help. A bit of flirting isn't great either, be assertive. Take the initiative.

ReputationRep:
    The key is confidence.

I understand this might sound hard to be confident right now, but trust me, the thing guys like most in girls is confidence. You can be as nice as you like, but if you fade into the background the guys will obviously go for the girls (your friends) that are paying them the most attention, not the girl who looks kinda pretty but stares into her drink all night... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, they sound like pricks. You're better off without. =/

I'm probably repeating what others have said, but it's true that what's probably bringing you down now is that you feel low about yourself. The last thing you need is a boyfriend when you have low self esteem, when you want one for all the wrong reasons. Nothing wrong with not having met the right guy yet... Just focus on being happier and you'll manage to attract all the right people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    Stop worrying about boys who don't like you. Just dress nicely, have a good smile, be fun to be around and then boys will start to like you.
    do this, friendly looking people are very easy to walk towards...

ReputationRep:
    **** them If thats how he and his friends reacted to him finding out the news that you liked him he's the kind of person you dont need in your life, and they sound like the kind of people that wont be very popular at university anyway. Then you'll have the last laugh

Look you sound like a decent person I know its easy for me to say but there is nothing to worry about. I'm 18 on Sunday, never had a girlfriend or even got that close to a girl. Just try to enjoy life for what it is

Remember there is nothing wrong with you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They laugh and mock you but you will end up sleeping with one of them...that's just how girls work.

(Original post by Who2004uk)
    I wouldn't worry OP. Seriously, You're only 18 You will one day meet someone! Maybe tomorrow or maybe next year - someone definitely will come into your life! Are you going to university or are you at university?
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, its made me feel much better
    Yep i'm going to uni in september, so maybe then! Everyone says 'it will happen eventually', but I keep thinking aggh when?!?

ReputationRep:
    All my friends keep getting boyfriends and flirting loads, and I do flirt sometimes but nothing ever comes of it. Its just like guys cant be bothered with me or think i'm part of the wall. They always talk to my friends more, and seem to leave me out.ess he was out of my league anyway.
    This is weird advice; but what you have said is how you feel. And this comes across in reality. So don't feel like you're part of the wall, feel like you're a damn good looking girl who deserves respect and some attention. As others have said, be confident and assertive (and work on it till it feels totally natural to you) and you'll find people will be interested in you. I'm sure there's lots that's great about you but its just not coming across so well.

And if people are being dicks about your feelings - they're a waste of time, and again, be confident enough to find other people who are worth your time. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    You're ugly. Isn't it obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    Lies.

This woman;

http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/...na-jolie-1.jpg

is out of this mans league;

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...04_468x550.jpg
    Who knows xD

Have you asked Angelina Jolie? :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.