Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't boys like me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Stop stressing about it.
    Trust me I started worrying when I'd been single a while
    and it started getting me down.
    Then I just started thinking positively and it reflected in my behaviour as I obviously looked more open and approachable
    & I got more attention

Concentrate on your college/uni work, friends and hobbies and just remember to think positive!

I'm in the same position, never even kissed a boy, and I'm now at uni. I get really down about it at times, especially recently when some friends have been getting into relationships. No idea what to do about it really, I'm just living in hope that one day something will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know its another one of these threads sorry, but I feel pretty upset atm so i'm going to post anyway.
    Basically i'm 18 and never had a bf, or never got close to a guy. Ive got a few boys who are friends, but not close and they have girlfriends or fancy someone else. All of my close friends are girls.
    I am shy, but when I get to know people i'm quite outgoing. People have said that i'm sweet and a nice person, and I don't think i'm ugly, a few people have said i'm pretty. So why do I get no male attention? All my friends keep getting boyfriends and flirting loads, and I do flirt sometimes but nothing ever comes of it. Its just like guys cant be bothered with me or think i'm part of the wall. They always talk to my friends more, and seem to leave me out.

The reason why i'm feeling upset about this today is the guy I like, I dont even know, found out I liked him and then told all his friends, and when I walked past them they were all laughing at me and it was obvious he didnt like me in that way. I guess he was out of my league anyway. But now i'm so embarrassed and am dreading tomorrow, already cried about it, which seems really stupid

Sorry for the long post, I hope you get what i'm feeling! Any advice? x
    well to be honest, if he is laughing at you then you would not want him as a boyfriend anyway personality wise, even if he is yummy otherwise.

its friday tomorrow so have a friend come round and eat some ice cream and just have fun and forget about boys for 1 night. then at least this current deep sadness will go even if it really doesnt solve your problem at hand, to which i dont know the answers.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or this thread is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Being shy doesn't help

ReputationRep:
    You're only 18! I wouldn't worry! The right person will come along eventually! I used to have this - no guys ever seemed to like me, then as soon as I tried being more confident, I ended up with my fair share.
    But, don't just accept the first person who comes along unless you actually really like them. I've made this mistake toooo many times, resulting in some awful relationships!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    Lies.

This woman;

http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/...na-jolie-1.jpg

is out of this mans league;

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...04_468x550.jpg
    lmfao

the face is priceless

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's because your U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly! You ugly!

But seriously, maybe you need more confidence? :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's your body language that makes you unapproachable?

ReputationRep:
    They sound like dicks. Make yourself feel better - go shopping, exercise, or something to make yourself feel great.

I know its another one of these threads sorry, but I feel pretty upset atm so i'm going to post anyway.
    Basically i'm 18 and never had a bf, or never got close to a guy. Ive got a few boys who are friends, but not close and they have girlfriends or fancy someone else. All of my close friends are girls.
    I am shy, but when I get to know people i'm quite outgoing. People have said that i'm sweet and a nice person, and I don't think i'm ugly, a few people have said i'm pretty. So why do I get no male attention? All my friends keep getting boyfriends and flirting loads, and I do flirt sometimes but nothing ever comes of it. Its just like guys cant be bothered with me or think i'm part of the wall. They always talk to my friends more, and seem to leave me out.

The reason why i'm feeling upset about this today is the guy I like, I dont even know, found out I liked him and then told all his friends, and when I walked past them they were all laughing at me and it was obvious he didnt like me in that way. I guess he was out of my league anyway. But now i'm so embarrassed and am dreading tomorrow, already cried about it, which seems really stupid

OMG, your post sounds pretty much like me, even the bolded happened to me when I was 15, I'm 18 now and I haven't quite got over it, it just really knocked my confidence. I even feel tempted to try online dating sometimes. But I guess hang in there though? Just know that you are a cool person, and that any guy who doesn't notice you, or who makes fun of you is just stupid and blind and you're too good for them. And at least you can filter them out of the dating pool, and one day find the one for you. Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    Stop worrying about boys who don't like you. Just dress nicely, have a good smile, be fun to be around and then boys will start to like you.

true this!:cool:

its because your fat

ReputationRep:
    a perm and a cat suit - worked for that chick in Grease...

ReputationRep:
    Leagues don't exist.. trust me, my girlfriends gorgeous :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm really shocked to see so many unsupportive responces! I know they are written as a joke and didn't mean to hurt (at least I hope so!) but, taking into account that the OP is quite shy and sensitive, these comment might have a bad effect.

OP, you sound like a really sweet and nice person, and you seem to be someone I would like a lot! I know exactly what you're feeling and I hope you don't get too upset. I think the only thing that is keeping yourself from being "more popular" is your confidence. Try believing in yourself, and think of all the things that you're good at and all your good memories etc. Those boys you have mentioned are complete jerks and I think you're too good for them and they would not make a long term bf for anyone.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more support. Just don't get upset about it and that special someone will find you in no time!

Hope you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Hey,

Now I'm going to be honest OK. Sex and all of this is only a big deal to 12 year old girls on estates who want 4 babies by the time they are 14, because their friends have.

Don't worry about having a boyfriend, I've never had a girlfriend either, and I absolutely could not care less. The right person will come along who likes you for who YOU are, not for trying to be more like other people.

If you want to talk, then PM me.

Take care

Someone +repped me for this and didn't leave a name. Thanks...whoever you are!

ReputationRep:
    coz ur fat

ReputationRep:
    come on! lets be more helpful here!

ReputationRep:

LETS NEUTRALISE EACH OTHER'S VIRGINITY

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.