Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Woo my first foundation offer :woo: Anyone else been accepted? Just considering whether to accept the offer or wait for my Kingston and LCC interviews. I've heard bad things about LCC so may not bother with it.

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things have you heard about LCC?? I've applied there to do a foundation and have my interview next week aghh!

ReputationRep:
    I went to LCC open day for a BA course and they'd locked the doors so no one could get in or out of the bulding and there was outrage students were running around filming getting told to turn their cameras off by security etc got chatting to a student and she filled me in on them basically treating their students like crap. If you look on stats websites they do pretty badly for student satisfaction

ReputationRep:
    oh great! i had no idea about the low student satisfaction! do you think it's too late to apply anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piglet29)
    oh great! i had no idea about the low student satisfaction! do you think it's too late to apply anywhere else?
    Umm yes pretty much, most of their deadlines were 30th of January! Did you only apply to one college?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah_The_Moose)
    Umm yes pretty much, most of their deadlines were 30th of January! Did you only apply to one college?!

Yeah I only applied to LCC as I want to do a design based foundation course as I don't like fine art, sculpture etc and I didn't think I was good enough to get into Ravensbourne, but I'm starting to regret my application to LCC...

ReputationRep:
    most are pretty relaxed about applications and accept late ones. It's all about what suits you though, the atmosphere there was pretty amazing and i liked the building and it'd look good when applying to uni

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm really not that good, I don't even do art a-level but Ravensbourne have accepted everyone that I know who has applied so far so they can't be that hard to get into. You could try emailing them or if it has closed always apply next year

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm really not that good, I don't even do art a-level but Ravensbourne have accepted everyone that I know who has applied so far so they can't be that hard to get into. You could try emailing them or if it has closed always apply next year

What did you put in your portfolio? I do A Level photography and I am going to submit all those sketch books and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    I do photography too. Umm about 4 paintings (2 from summer, 2 from GCSE), 5 drawings (pencil). Photographs of a sculpture I made in the summer. Two collages (1 black and white A1, 1 colour A3). 5 A1 boards of black and white images, 7 A1 boards of Digital work. 1 weaving, 3 oil pastel drawings. 6 sketchbooks (3 from GCSE, 3 from AS/A2 Level). Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I do photography too. Umm about 4 paintings (2 from summer, 2 from GCSE), 5 drawings (pencil). Photographs of a sculpture I made in the summer. Two collages (1 black and white A1, 1 colour A3). 5 A1 boards of black and white images, 7 A1 boards of Digital work. 1 weaving, 3 oil pastel drawings. 6 sketchbooks (3 from GCSE, 3 from AS/A2 Level). Hope this helps!

Whoah, then I definitely won't get in! I had no idea we had to produce that amount of work for a porfolio =S

ReputationRep:
    Whoah, then I definitely won't get in! I had no idea we had to produce that amount of work for a porfolio =S
    Did you not go to any open days then? Every open day I went to specified that they wanted the same amount of work- 25 A1 sheets worth of work. It's really not that hard if you're passionate about art surely. I just love drawing and painting so have lots of work to put in. Which is what they want to see in an applicant, someone who is passionate about what they do!

ReputationRep:
    Did you not go to any open days then? Every open day I went to specified that they wanted the same amount of work- 25 A1 sheets worth of work. It's really not that hard if you're passionate about art surely. I just love drawing and painting so have lots of work to put in. Which is what they want to see in an applicant, someone who is passionate about what they do!
    I went to Kingston, LCC and Ravensbourne interviews - they told me 25 A1 sheets at Kingston and but not at Ravensbourne and LCC. I emailed the head of the foundation course at LCC after the open day to clarify what I needed for the interview and he said they put a lot of emphasis on sketchbooks but go for quality over quantity...

Good news is though, that Ravensbourne have told me the deadline for the art foundation course is 31st March, so I am going to get a portfolio together and apply there!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Kingston, LCC and Ravensbourne interviews - they told me 25 A1 sheets at Kingston and but not at Ravensbourne and LCC. I emailed the head of the foundation course at LCC after the open day to clarify what I needed for the interview and he said they put a lot of emphasis on sketchbooks but go for quality over quantity...

Good news is though, that Ravensbourne have told me the deadline for the art foundation course is 31st March, so I am going to get a portfolio together and apply there!
    Hmm I went to all of those open days too and they all told me about having 25 A1 sheets of work. At Ravensbourne they only made a passing reference to my sketchbooks ('I can see you like Martin Parr, so do I!') but maybe when they were looking through them privately without me there they were focusing on the sketchbooks. The only questions they asked me related directly to the work in my portfolio.

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I went to all of those open days too and they all told me about having 25 A1 sheets of work. At Ravensbourne they only made a passing reference to my sketchbooks ('I can see you like Martin Parr, so do I!') but maybe when they were looking through them privately without me there they were focusing on the sketchbooks. The only questions they asked me related directly to the work in my portfolio.

Good luck with your application!
    Gah, this worries me a lot! The head of the foundation course at LCC said absolutely nothing to me about 25 A1 sheets for the interview and on the LCC website it says they look closely at sketchbooks =S

Anyway, thanks very much for your help =)

ReputationRep:
    Gah, this worries me a lot! The head of the foundation course at LCC said absolutely nothing to me about 25 A1 sheets for the interview and on the LCC website it says they look closely at sketchbooks =S

Anyway, thanks very much for your help =)
    It's not what they said, we were given a booklet at LCC that specified what you needed for the interview. Anyway not that I'm bothered as not going to the LCC interview any more just because I've heard nothing positive about it. Ravensbourne here I come :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So for the ravensbourne portfolio does it have to be 25 double sided sheets that have work on both side (so 50 pieces/sides) or just 25 single sided pages if that makes any sense'

ReputationRep:
    don't personally know but it would probably be 25 single sided pages. so that's 13 wallets(?)
    This being because my portfolio can only hold around 20 wallets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace1234)
    So for the ravensbourne portfolio does it have to be 25 double sided sheets that have work on both side (so 50 pieces/sides) or just 25 single sided pages if that makes any sense'
    25 double sided sheets :eek3: Hell no, it's 25 single sided sheets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will...)
    don't personally know but it would probably be 25 single sided pages. so that's 13 wallets(?)
    This being because my portfolio can only hold around 20 wallets.
    A lot of people don't use wallets. It depends on what the type of work is, well that's what I was told. If it's more sort of fine art you leave them loose. I had around 70% photography so felt the need to use plastic wallets but they're not necessary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.