Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically my exams for chem and physics have ended and now it's just my math exams in june i have for C1, M1, C3 and C4 and my aim is to get 100% in them max and minimum 90%...... so my question is for the people who got the marks in the range i am looking at what did you mainly do? just past papers, book or both??? or some other method you did.... please share.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I did the past papers, you can look at the textbook examples (usually they have an end of chapter set of questions, which are taken from previous past papers). If someone else on the forum has a problem with a question that happens to be in a module you're doing; helping them would give you practice.

You could also see if any members are willing to make up questions for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weeman5872)
    I did the past papers, you can look at the textbook examples (usually they have an end of chapter set of questions, which are taken from previous past papers). If someone else on the forum has a problem with a question that happens to be in a module you're doing; helping them would give you practice.

Thanks for your reply mate yeah, the key points from here are the end of chapter questions, past papers and testing myself by helping someone else and asking for extra questions if i think i know it all. Thanks for that mate!!!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers. The more you do, the better you'll get. I would also note that this year (January 2010) the A2 modules seem to have been more challenging so I'd make sure you're very comfortable doing the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    just do all the past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Thanks for your reply mate yeah, the key points from here are the end of chapter questions, past papers and testing myself by helping someone else and asking for extra questions if i think i know it all. Thanks for that mate!!!
    I didn't ask before, which exam board are you with?

I sat C3 recently (AQA), aparently it was quite a tricky paper in comparison to before. They seem to be getting trickier now (though Core 1 was easy except for a question I'd only seen in the June '09 paper). If you are with AQA I could give you a link to the Jan 2010 paper (was previously shared in the Core 3 Discussion thread).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I sat C3 recently (AQA), aparently it was quite a tricky paper in comparison to before. They seem to be getting trickier now (though Core 1 was easy except for a question I'd only seen in the June '09 paper). If you are with AQA I could give you a link to the Jan 2010 paper (was previously shared in the Core 3 Discussion thread).
    could I also have the link too please?

So basically my exams for chem and physics have ended and now it's just my math exams in june i have for C1, M1, C3 and C4 and my aim is to get 100% in them max and minimum 90%...... so my question is for the people who got the marks in the range i am looking at what did you mainly do? just past papers, book or both??? or some other method you did.... please share.

Thanks in advance.
    I did lots of book exercises for practice, and to make sure I understand the content as I learnt it, then I started past papers during study leave to hone my exam technique. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Just naturally good at maths, tbh.

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance.
    I got 98 in C4, I done all the questions in the book and all the past past papers I could get my hands on (4 I THINK). I cannot remember my exact marks for the other ones you mentioned because they were such a long time ago now (2nd year uni').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I did lots of book exercises for practice, and to make sure I understand the content as I learnt it, then I started past papers during study leave to hone my exam technique. :sexface:
    :rofl: The sexface was so unnecessary.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But you executed it well

ReputationRep:

I'm not with AQA mate, i am with MEI OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I got 98 in C4, I done all the questions in the book and all the past past papers I could get my hands on (4 I THINK). I cannot remember my exact marks for the other ones you mentioned because they were such a long time ago now (2nd year uni').
    Yeah, this is the exact method i am gonna be doing tbh..... it's long but the only way to make sure i get the mark i want. Thanks for your reply mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfranny)
    could I also have the link too please?
    Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmzegy0kz3b

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this is the exact method i am gonna be doing tbh..... it's long but the only way to make sure i get the mark i want. Thanks for your reply mate
    No problem, good luck with it all.

Do all the questions though, even if they seem repetitive, and if you get questions wrong find out why, but when you've found out why don't just move on, do them again.

Take care.

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance.
    It might be a good idea to get the Bostock & chandler books for A level they could be quite helpful , especially with the new A* grades

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Exactly this (minus the sex face :p: ). OP, don't immediately start doing past papers, book exercises are just as important. Once you get them out of the way, do as many past papers you can and the exam will be easy peasy.

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    Exactly this (minus the sex face :p: ). OP, don't immediately start doing past papers, book exercises are just as important. Once you get them out of the way, do as many past papers you can and the exam will be easy peasy.
    You forgot the :sexface:.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think you already know the answer. The only way is repetition of exam style questions and cover every detail in every topic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 4, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.