Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know where to get the cheapest flights to america ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Chicago is where I am after and preferbaly leaviing late tomorrow ?

ReputationRep:
    You can't get a flight to the US on such short notice as you are required to apply for the Visa Waiver Program at least 72 hours prior to departure

ReputationRep:
    lastminute.com?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    You can't get a flight to the US on such short notice as you are required to apply for the Visa Waiver Program at least 72 hours prior to departure
    Even for just a day ?Like arrive saturday leave sunday ?

thanks btw for the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foster88)

Out of interest, why do you want to go to America just for one day, and at such urgent notice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Out of interest, why do you want to go to America just for one day, and at such urgent notice?
    cliche I know but I am trying to win my girl back...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    awwwwwwwwww!

ReputationRep:

Yes! pretty much all countries need a visa now, unless you have like a biometric passport with fingerprints and everything. Here is a link to the Visa Waiver Program: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp3.html

Like ''ChrisBan'' already said it's very unlikely that you will get your visa and everything on such a short base! Besides why pay so much money for just 1 day in chicago? it's 10 hour flight or something! you won't me able to do much if you are like ariving on one day and leaving the next day!

Good luck with whatever you decide anyway! :yes: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Then get that visa done and go for it! Nice to see someone really willing to give it their all! Lastminute.com could be good for the flight. NOW HURRY UP! NO TIME TO WASTE!

ReputationRep:
    :console:

Are you sure it's worth it though - what if you make it there but you don't manage to get her back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    Yes! pretty much all countries need a visa now, unless you have like a biometric passport with fingerprints and everything. Here is a link to the Visa Waiver Program: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp3.html

Like ''ChrisBan'' already said it's very unlikely that you will get your visa and everything on such a short base! Besides why pay so much money for just 1 day in chicago? it's 10 hour flight or something! you won't me able to do much if you are like ariving on one day and leaving the next day!

Good luck with whatever you decide anyway! :yes: :woo:
    I must highlight that regardless of whether you have a biometric passport, you must either apply for a visa if your country is not covered by the Visa Waiver Program, or you must apply to the Visa Waiver Program atleast 72 hours prior to travel via the ESTA portal: ESTA Portal

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances if it being rejected. I have never been american before and have no criminal record if that is any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    :console:

Are you sure it's worth it though - what if you make it there but you don't manage to get her back?
    :rofl:

That would be such a fail. She must really be worth it though if he is willing to do this just for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    :rofl:

That would be such a fail. She must really be worth it though if he is willing to do this just for her.
    Chances are I will fail but either way I look back and laugh at this or be happy that i got her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I must highlight that regardless of whether you have a biometric passport, you must either apply for a visa if your country is not covered by the Visa Waiver Program, or you must apply to the Visa Waiver Program atleast 72 hours prior to travel via the ESTA portal: ESTA Portal
    Thanks for that! :yes: back in the days you could just go without anything - well a passport of course :P not that it's such a huge problem but still :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the 72 hour regulation is always enforced (because it's done online). I've heard of some people not knowing about the process and having to do it at a net cafe in Heathrow prior to checking in....and they got to their destination. All hearsay though so don't take it as gospel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    I don't think the 72 hour regulation is always enforced (because it's done online). I've heard of some people not knowing about the process and having to do it at a net cafe in Heathrow prior to checking in....and they got to their destination. All hearsay though so don't take it as gospel.
    That may have been the case prior to this year. But they have changed it since January 20th that you must now do it prior to travel, you will not be able to board your flight

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/tem...hout_1990.html

Effective January 20, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security is transitioning to enforced compliance of the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) requirement for VWP travelers. Therefore, VWP travelers who have not obtained approval through ESTA should expect to be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the United States.
    I think the 72 hour is recommended because from what I've read, it can sometimes take upto 72 hours to go through. Either way, I wouldn't book any tickets until it confirms eligibility for entry. Loads of people still don't know about the process, I just hope the airlines are warning people to do it. I'd hate to get to US border control and be told I can't come in because I hadn't filled in the online forms.

ReputationRep:
    canada.

ReputationRep:
    If you are really going all the way to Chicago tomorrow to try and win your girl back then good luck!!! Let us know how it went when you get back.
    If you got the money, you should stay longer than just a day though.

ReputationRep:
    i find dial-a-flight are the cheapest. i regularly buy US flights and they always try to give the best deal over the phone. 0844 811 4444. i'd go for more than 1 day if i were you though. good luck

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.