Turn on thread page Beta

Topshop & UCAS Card? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know you can use your UCAS card in the actual store but is it possible to use it online too? If so, HOW? :p:

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    NUS you can, i don't think you can use UCAS though...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm not sure but I think you just type in your number or whatever it is at the 'checkout'. Pretty sure you can do it though, from the amount of times I go on that website. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I work for Topshop and for the online discount you need an NUS Extra card in order to type in the card number at the checkout for the discount. Most student cards are accepted in store provided they have an expiry date (Most UCAS cards expired in Februrary last year) I think it is the YouGo cards which are accepted as UCAS cards for this year.

ReputationRep:
    just use 14 '0's and then your four digit number for exams, mine is 6477 for example

ReputationRep:
    in store you have to have a photo ID with your college/school on, as well as the academic year, although i always get asked if i have a student card, i say yes, and they don't even ask to see it and i still get the discount.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I have a ucas card aswell and I found that to use it online for topshop, what worked for me is if you type the number on the front of your ucas card followed by the little set of numbers at the top right corner of the card on the front into the bit on the checkout of the website to do with student cards and it accepts it.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taperjeangirl!)
    I know you can use your UCAS card in the actual store but is it possible to use it online too? If so, HOW? :p:

Thanks!
    Sometimes when I'm instore, I just go: "Oh crap I've forgotten my NUS card" and they give it to me anyways

On the website you can enter a random 16 digit number (with lots of zeros) and it'll give you 10% off as well (plus it saves to your account so you don't have to enter it again).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie133)
    Hey,
    I have a ucas card aswell and I found that to use it online for topshop, what worked for me is if you type the number on the front of your ucas card followed by the little set of numbers at the top right corner of the card on the front into the bit on the checkout of the website to do with student cards and it accepts it.
    xx
    (Original post by 916-CALL-TURK)
    Sometimes when I'm instore, I just go: "Oh crap I've forgotten my NUS card" and they give it to me anyways

On the website you can enter a random 16 digit number (with lots of zeros) and it'll give you 10% off as well (plus it saves to your account so you don't have to enter it again).
    Thanks for these tips I'll have to try them out the next time I have money to spend on clothes, if ever :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfkin)
    just use 14 '0's and then your four digit number for exams, mine is 6477 for example
    This works thanks very muc

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind of mood you're member of staff is in. Some days it works for me, and other days it doesn't work for me. Got my cardiff uni ID and they accept it in town. But sometimes, they just don't accept it.

frustratin' xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.