Turn on thread page Beta

Quick Relief for Constipation!! (Serious Input only please) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Force your hand up there and yank it out. Works everytime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/constipation.htm - looks a bit dodgy though

The internet appears to be pretty divided on this issue. Im speaking from personal experience and that of family members.

yeah and is a bunch of articles from the mid 80's-90's...

No fibre is very good for relieving constipation, it gives the stool a 'bulk' alongside an increase in fluids, and activity it can work well, and is an often well used care plan for patients in hospital before suppositories or enemas are considered (not forgetting laxatives also)

This is kind of gross, but I find that 2 or 3 bagels with butter and marmite do the trick for some reason. Like instantly.

But everyone's different.

ReputationRep:
    Laxative suppository :top:

That's some serious input that will get you going within half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    read that oils arent a quick fix, but a preventative?
    I guess my pharmacology lecturer last week must have been wrong then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    yeah and is a bunch of articles from the mid 80's-90's...

No fibre is very good for relieving constipation, it gives the stool a 'bulk' alongside an increase in fluids, and activity it can work well, and is an often well used care plan for patients in hospital before suppositories or enemas are considered (not forgetting laxatives also)
    Well you clearly know more about this than i do.

The article wasn't my source. It was just the first hit on google. I was just speaking from experience, as i said.

(Original post by ch0c0h01ic)

yeah i thought id try it anyway, just in case.

how much do i need to take, i boked at 1 tbsp. is that enough?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)

don't you do vet med?

ReputationRep:
    lots of apple juice (not the stuff you dilute, the proper apple juice in a cartoon) and LOTS of apples and pears. Works wonders in about 1-2 hours. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    don't you do vet med?
    The vast majority of the course content is the same, physiology, anatomy, pharmacology, therapeutics, etc.

You could argue that vet med is more detailed/harder than conventional medicine because you have to study all of the species differences.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    X
    Constipation, okay. Very easy to fix.

There are two aspects to this. The first is actually passing a stool. The second is eating more healthily, eating more fiber and so on. When people on TSR advice about how to deal with constipation, they will often advise eating more fibre and so on, but they give no serious advice as to how to actually pass the stool that's in there right now, which is utterly useless and completely unhelpful.

So, on the eating more healthily aspect, you can find plenty of information online about what to do. You should also try to find psyllium husk supplement. It's like a pure fibre supplement where you add a tablespoon of this husk material to a glass of water, and drink it. It's very effective at making you more regular.

Now, if you are very constipated and you can't pass a stool, follow these instructions. Go to a tesco or corner store or supermarket and find a bottle of water with one of those special tops like this

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs22/f/20..._by_Shdtfh.jpg

Empty it of all its water, and fill it with very lukewarm water all the way to the top (make sure there is as little air left in there as possible). Then press the opening at the top of the bottle up to your anus, and squeeze the bottle so the warm water goes up your arse. Keep squeezing it until perhaps half the bottle is in there. And then bear down and expel the water from your bowels. You'll find water comes out of your arse much more easily than the usual stuff, it comes out very quickly and it breaks down whatever is up there and it all comes out with the water.

Now repeat this process several times until you have evacuated your bowels. The stubborn stool will find itself evacuated with the warm water, it's incredibly easy and you can sort out your constipation within 5 minutes. Keep doing this each day whenever you feel a stool coming down, and evacuating your bowels until your new diet makes you more regular. That's it. You can thank me with green gems.

ReputationRep:
    No More <a rel=

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.