Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by orionmoo)
    At the end of the day, what you've been saying is that your in support of the killing of another human being. And you haven't provided much evidence yourself. In fact you seem to have gotten angry on many occasions and resorted to swearing to state your point.
    Where's your evidence that killing a human being is ok? Last time I looked if I killed someone I would get sent to prison. Just because the government approves of something doesn't make it right.

The facts/the truth is based on who writes/records history. They record it in a way which keeps them in power and authority. In a way to make themselves look good. Don't believe everything the mainstream media tells you.
    Killing is still killing, and I for one am proud that I have been arguing here that killing is wrong. As far as I'm concerned you've been promoting killing. Not a very humane thing to do is it, promote the killing of your fellow race?
    Its in the Geneva convention.

It> your opinion.

Screw your opinion, wheres your evidence?

Your one of these who believe there hiding aliens from us, ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Its in the Geneva convention.

It> your opinion.

Screw your opinion, wheres your evidence?

Your one of these who believe there hiding aliens from us, ok.
    Again, "it's in the Geneva convention". Why is it there? Who put it there?
    A group of people with money, who wish to take power and keep power, keep in control, and by creating these laws/rules they can stay in power and noone will question it 'because it's written down'.

Hell I'm not asking you to agree with my opinion, i'm merely stating what it is and why I believe what I do. My opinion carries no less of a worth as yours, or anyone elses. Just because a bunch of people with money say something doesn't mean it's the correct decision for the human race.

Again, "it's in the Geneva convention". Why is it there? Who put it there?
    A group of people with money, who wish to take power and keep power, keep in control, and by creating these laws/rules they can stay in power and noone will question it 'because it's written down'.

Hell I'm not asking you to agree with my opinion, i'm merely stating what it is and why I believe what I do. My opinion carries no less of a worth as yours, or anyone elses. Just because a bunch of people with money say something doesn't mean it's the correct decision for the human race.
    Erm the UN, it gives a fair playing field in war and stops the targeting of civilians. Your a clown, for Western countries it does not change little about how they fight in modern times.

My opinion carries far more weight because my opinion is in line with international law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahaneap)
    They shouldn't have joined the army if they didn't want to die.
    What awful logic.

ReputationRep:
    Erm the UN, it gives a fair playing field in war and stops the targeting of civilians. Your a clown, for Western countries it does not change little about how they fight in modern times.

My opinion carries far more weight because my opinion is in line with international law.
    The law, which as I have said, is designed to keep the citizens under control and the people in power in power. It covers their asses, and keeps us living in fear.

You still miss my point however. I am not the one promoting killing. I am saying I believe noone has the right to take a life in self defence, and whether "the law" says soldiers can do it or not, killing is still killing as it's still wrong, and I'm pretty sure most humans who care for each other would agree with me there that killing is wrong.

The law, which as I have said, is designed to keep the citizens under control and the people in power in power. It covers their asses, and keeps us living in fear.

You still miss my point however. I am not the one promoting killing. I am saying I believe noone has the right to take a life in self defence, and whether "the law" says soldiers can do it or not, killing is still killing as it's still wrong, and I'm pretty sure most humans who care for each other would agree with me there that killing is wrong.
    Its not wrong because the law states so.

In your opinion it is.

If we said that in WW2 what would have happened.

ReputationRep:
    Its not wrong because the law states so.

In your opinion it is.

If we said that in WW2 what would have happened.
    Look at what happened in WW2 because killing IS wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Long post guys but bear with me

You are hilarious. You believe that killing is wrong and that big brother is making rules contrary to that in order to control us?

What makes killing so wrong in the first place? What placed the inkling in your mind to contradict the natural order of things and repulse you against killing? That's right, the law and society that you grew up with; which I believe had it's origins in religion which (in itself) could be construed as a bunch of people making rules in order to control our lives.

Irony?

A bit of education: All authorised kills undertaken by the British Armed Forces are NOT murder and are legal under the British and Euro laws of self defence, the same law that allows you to use necessary and proportional force to protect yourself: i.e if someone shoots at you with a gun in an attempt to kill you, you can shoot back at them. The only difference in this case is that the military is authorised to carry projectile weapons. If the kills are made illegally then a murder trial is opened, just like anywhere else.

I shall cherry-pick from a previous post from a very similar thread...

The naivety of some of the do-gooder "why can't we all just get along" people on here is just amazing.

1) [...]

2) There has always been war. I know it makes you upset but it's true. As an advanced nation we have a professional and modern armed services who's job it is to protect national interests both foreign and domestic. Otherwise we'd just sit on our elbows and wait until someone invaded.

3) Killing is natural, get used to it. My bacon and sausages that I had for breakfast didn't get created artificially.

4) For all you brainwashed morons who think that the British Army runs around killing Afghan civilians for shiggles: develop an opinion of your own and don't base your entire knowledge about the Afghan campaign on what you read in the tabloids. We are fighting an enemy that USES civilians as weapons, asymmetric warfare where we are operating under strict rules of engagement and they have none. How would you like the feeling that every woman or child passing you in the street could have TNT strapped to their chest?
    Finally, the strategic bombing of civilian targets during WW2 was a manoeuvrist approach style of warfare designed to attack the enemy's cohesion and will to fight. A technique proven to end wars more quickly with fewer casualties than an attritional style of toe-to-toe. QED: Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Would you rather 6 million conscripted soliders die or 50,000 civilians?

ReputationRep:
    Or you could relate it to human morals and just knowing it's wrong to hurt another person. Hell I'd rather die myself than be conscripted to the army and forced to kill.
    May be your right. May be it's better to kill to further the good of humanity/for the greater good. But for now i'll stick to non-violence against my fellow species.

But in answer to your very first question, yes I do believe that the governments are here to keep themselves in power by any means, to control the monetary system of the world and eventually reduce the population of the world to only a handful of select people who they can control. The NWO may seem like ******** to many, but those are the people that believe everything the mainstream media tells them and everything the government tells them. It's a vicious circle of one side not believing the other because the other doesn't trust the other. I for one don't trust our government or any government. May be they are here for our protection. But when I look out on to the street, I don't see much protection in the form of police... they seem to be off protecting the rich folk in the big corporations.

ReputationRep:
    I feel you have missed my point: The only reason that you think killing is wrong is because someone put that idea in your head. The human morals you speak of are not a natural occurence that you are born with. You are indoctrinated to believe that it is wrong to kill another human being, that it is wrong to steal and that it is wrong to cheat on your partner, whereas in reality these so-called rules and morals are themselves artificially created by whoever was in power at the time to keep the populace under control.

I'm not going to talk about how you think big corporations etc run the world because that is coming across asa bit paranoid and conspiracy-theorist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    What awful logic.
    Explain yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.