Turn on thread page Beta

GUYS - do you like it when a girl plays hard to get? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nah I just assume she isn't interested and go for her best friend instead.

ReputationRep:
    be honest with your feelings, or you may loose out.

sometimes the guy or girl wont even realise your playing mind games...its daft.

my gf told me she liked me and that shes been trying mind games til she decided to just be honest... and i didnt even notice and it was very childish...lol

ReputationRep:
    If a girl played hard to get for me, I probably wouldn't pick up on it and just assume she isn't interested.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't, much better if the girl was upfront and open about it rather than mess with my mind, it's torture! ;(

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me.
    If she does then I just act interested in another girl and soon enough she comes crawling.
    Women playing games = lol

ReputationRep:
    Not deliberately no. It's immature and an absolute piss take.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** do you think?

ReputationRep:
    No girls worth that! If anyone should be playing mind games it should be the guys, i mean all girls do rely on a man to buy them stuff, start the conversations, make the jokes and plan things etc... :p:

ReputationRep:
    i just get pissed off with them and dont bother whenever they start playing games.
    i really dont get the point of them :/

ReputationRep:
    Im my opinion it is the man that has to play hard to get, as girls are more prone to the chase, once got dont give a ****.

Guys havent got time for this... and as said before most of us are bad enough at working **** out in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am asking because I like this guy but I want to keep him on his toes for a bit. I don't want to be too available, or appear too keen. Obviously, once I figure out whether he is someone I like enough to date, I will drop the hard to get act, but right now, I want to keep him excited...and interested.

So guys, do you love or hate girls who play hard to get?

PS I am not making it obviously, it's beautifully subtle.
    It's immature BS. If you like someone, be natural. Otherwise you can be rightfully dubbed a manipulative cow.
    Why keep someone on there toes? They're just more likely to say "Screw this, too much effort" and move on to someone who isn't going to jerk then around.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't think guys like girls who are overly keen either.
    It's about showing interest but not following around like a lost puppy and hanging off their every word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Well I don't think guys like girls who are overly keen either.
    It's about showing interest but not following around like a lost puppy and hanging off their every word.
    You can be really, really keen, but just give the guy space and don't hang on him like a tumour.

ReputationRep:
    well...personally i am not a good chaser...i am not really good at chasing girls...However, I am pretty good at telling if a girl likes me.....while this might keep the guy on his toes, he might also feel discouraged...so its kinda a double edge sword approach....its okay to play hard to get..but dnt over do it...personally once I realize a girl is play hard to get, I end up doing the same and not even bother....good luck..if he is a very cute guy, dnt over do it cos u might loose him....

(Original post by sandeep90)
    What the **** do you think?
    All guys say they don't. Yet I have noticed (as have all my friends) that when they appear fairly keen, guys back off. When they play hard to get, guy comes running. Conincidence much?

ReputationRep:
    No, to a certain extent. Maybe if you pretended you wasn't interested for one day, but any more mind gaming than that wouldn't do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    No, its childish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I generally prefer people to be sincere and upfront...as such if we're texting, I don't really want to have to wait a day or so before getting a reply. Mind games like that are a real annoyance and put me off.
    Sometimes you're just busy though! It's quite easy to forget about a text, then reply when things are calmer.

But yeah, OP, generally it's a hell of a lot easier if you're just upfront... I never get how some girls can play mind games and stay sane.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    All guys say they don't. Yet I have noticed (as have all my friends) that when they appear fairly keen, guys back off. When they play hard to get, guy comes running. Conincidence much?
    You can be upfront without coming across as keen/needy...

ReputationRep:
    *****es who play hard to get are such *****es!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Like everybody else says, most of us would just walk away.

Don't moan to us when you come back in a month posting:

'I scared him away, how do i get him back?' and recieve no replies.

Pfft.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.