Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Living in LA for a month(need help plan everything)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello this summer(june) i will be going to LA for a month and a bit to do an acting course and i need help to plan my budget and need information.

Accommodation:800$. Where can i find a list of rooms for rent in west or north hollywood ? do you think 800$ for around 35 days is enough ?

Food:200/250$(50-60$ a week) on a months grocery is enough or is it too much for 1 person ? what is the best place to do my shopping in west or north hollywood ? walmart ?

leisure:300-400$ for a month of going out sightseeing and going out( weekends only). is this enough or isit too much, how much is more appropriate.

Transportation: 70$ for a month, i want what is called a "travelcard" in the UK which includes metro, bus and train. In LA all i need is metro and bus pass in one for a month, what isit called ? and how much isit ?

plus: my acting course fees which are 900+275$ for a month

ReputationRep:
    I don't think many people know the answers to your questions - it would be best just to google all of this. have fun in la though!

ReputationRep:
    check out craigslist for accomendation, I think you will cost you mosre than $800 for 35nights, or you could try a hostel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaxoxo)
    check out craigslist for accomendation, I think you will cost you mosre than $800 for 35nights, or you could try a hostel.
    I would try a hostel - accomodation in America is complicated and sometimes even a scam.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.