Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

So today I got an email from Accenture that said:

"Thank you for your recent application to Accenture.

"We have carefully considered your application against our current vacancies. Unfortunately on this occasion, we have no outstanding requirements that match your background and experience. At this time we will not be progressing your application."

Etc. Now, I have started two applications to Accenture, but have finished neither. I was rejected from the position I decided against applying for in the end. The Accenture "rules" state that you can't apply to another position within a year of your last application. I've emailed them to ask, but I was wondering what others here thought about it?

I know they might have looked at my started application and decided I wasn't good enough, but I really had barely started. I hadn't answered the application questions entirely, let alone put in any of my work experience (and for all they know I might have done a ton of internships). I definitely meet all their requirements qualification-wise. So would they really reject me without waiting for my completed application? I wasn't even going to apply for that position in the end. I'm hoping it's a mistake!

Just wondering what you thought! If they don't let me do a proper application I'll be really annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Hey guys.

So today I got an email from Accenture that said:

"Thank you for your recent application to Accenture.

"We have carefully considered your application against our current vacancies. Unfortunately on this occasion, we have no outstanding requirements that match your background and experience. At this time we will not be progressing your application."

Etc. Now, I have started two applications to Accenture, but have finished neither. I was rejected from the position I decided against applying for in the end. The Accenture "rules" state that you can't apply to another position within a year of your last application. I've emailed them to ask, but I was wondering what others here thought about it?

I know they might have looked at my started application and decided I wasn't good enough, but I really had barely started. I hadn't answered the application questions entirely, let alone put in any of my work experience (and for all they know I might have done a ton of internships). I definitely meet all their requirements qualification-wise. So would they really reject me without waiting for my completed application? I wasn't even going to apply for that position in the end. I'm hoping it's a mistake!

Just wondering what you thought! If they don't let me do a proper application I'll be really annoyed.
    Probably a generic email sent out to anybody in their application database who they haven't offered jobs/interviews to. You sure the deadline hasn't passed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Probably a generic email sent out to anybody in their application database who they haven't offered jobs/interviews to. You sure the deadline hasn't passed?
    I'm not sure actually, not for that one. It was an internship. Still, I hadn't submitted the application, so I'm not sure why they'd send that (especially as it might prevent me from being able to apply to the grad job I wanted!) ...

ReputationRep:
    If you have HRs number, call them up and speak over the phone and tell them what happened. That's very unusual for them to reject without seeing your completed app (actually an IB did that to me once too lol!). I can't see why you would get rejected esp if you meet their academic requirements so I'd call them to find out.

ReputationRep:
    I just registered on the site, and they rejected me. It's because Accenture are ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    I just registered on the site, and they rejected me. It's because Accenture are ****.
    That's awful PorcineAviation.

I'm sure there is something better out there for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yummy_baby)
    That's awful PorcineAviation.

I'm sure there is something better out there for you.
    You make it sound like I wanted to work there. LOL.

(I already have a job, but thanks for the concern)

ReputationRep:
    LOL, Sorry I thought you registering there was because you wanted to apply there!

Glad to hear you have something else sorted.

ReputationRep:

Wish I could say the same! Still, after our shared trauma, you might want to get me a job too. :p:

ReputationRep:

whats your alturnative offer? MBB?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure actually, not for that one. It was an internship. Still, I hadn't submitted the application, so I'm not sure why they'd send that (especially as it might prevent me from being able to apply to the grad job I wanted!) ...
    I was applying there, and still am. Have one question left to do.

I've been sent two reminders to continue, but not been binned with one of those emails... Odd to say the least, unless they've filled all intern positions now.

Try Detica Jelko :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    ... spiteful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I was applying there, and still am. Have one question left to do.

I've been sent two reminders to continue, but not been binned with one of those emails... Odd to say the least, unless they've filled all intern positions now.

Try Detica Jelko :awesome:
    Detica seems to want a numerate degree for all its positions, which is strange given that one of the grads in its brochure did English and History. :emo:

How are the questions going? I've done too much research and now I need to filter through it to answer them. Are you done with accounting then?

I got an email from HR saying that I haven't been rejected and that both applications I started are still active. I felt they could have apologised, but never mind. At least I can still apply, and get rejected legitimately.

ReputationRep:
    Detica seems to want a numerate degree for all its positions, which is strange given that one of the grads in its brochure did English and History. :emo:

How are the questions going? I've done too much research and now I need to filter through it to answer them. Are you done with accounting then?

I got an email from HR saying that I haven't been rejected and that both applications I started are still active. I felt they could have apologised, but never mind. At least I can still apply, and get rejected legitimately.
    I am not done with accounting, but am shopping around.

Didn't finish the question today, drank a bottle of cava instead. FML.

I think that Detica is my favoured route, and I have done no research for either, especially Accenture... I'm not sure how I've even got this far tbf.

Keep me posted for tomorrows fail Jess... And share the research tbf

ReputationRep:
    I am not done with accounting, but am shopping around.

Didn't finish the question today, drank a bottle of cava instead. FML.

I think that Detica is my favoured route, and I have done no research for either, especially Accenture... I'm not sure how I've even got this far tbf.

Keep me posted for tomorrows fail Jess... And share the research tbf
    Oh, Robbie. You are like a cooling tonic to my fevered brow. Everyone in Sweden is super-organised and ruthlessly punctual and efficient ... it can be wearing at times. Last night I went out, left at 1:45 so I could avoid going to bed super-late, saw Axel was on Skype, talked to him for an hour and a bit, wasted time, went to bed at 4am. Fail.

I haven't finished any of the questions. All I have is my "research" which literally consists of bits of the website copied and pasted into two word files under different headings (for each question). It took a surprisingly long time though. You may see it if you want, although I imagine sifting through the "research" to think of an answer might be quite time-consuming. It's too long to put here so I'd have to PM you it or email it. What are your thoughts?

I also got a bit of advice from my bro, who is a sort-of consultant, but I haven't yet worked out how to utilise it.

I hope Accenture recruiting staff don't have the time or energy to look at student messaging boards to weed out failbirds like us.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Robbie. You are like a cooling tonic to my fevered brow. Everyone in Sweden is super-organised and ruthlessly punctual and efficient ... it can be wearing at times. Last night I went out, left at 1:45 so I could avoid going to bed super-late, saw Axel was on Skype, talked to him for an hour and a bit, wasted time, went to bed at 4am. Fail.

I haven't finished any of the questions. All I have is my "research" which literally consists of bits of the website copied and pasted into two word files under different headings (for each question). It took a surprisingly long time though. You may see it if you want, although I imagine sifting through the "research" to think of an answer might be quite time-consuming. It's too long to put here so I'd have to PM you it or email it. What are your thoughts?

I also got a bit of advice from my bro, who is a sort-of consultant, but I haven't yet worked out how to utilise it.

I hope Accenture recruiting staff don't have the time or energy to look at student messaging boards to weed out failbirds like us.
    I wouldn't know what efficiency is tbh. I am genuinely so disorganised and such a mess, that I would need to work 22 hour days to keep up in most positions, but would do it from my comfy bed :awesome:

The research is fine... I just scribbled down about 19 words on some paper which are for responding to 'How does Accenture use technology to help its clients?'

I dont know or care, tbfh, but I want this job... so I shall indulge you, app form.

I am subservient to some HTML. fml.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know what efficiency is tbh. I am genuinely so disorganised and such a mess, that I would need to work 22 hour days to keep up in most positions, but would do it from my comfy bed :awesome:

The research is fine... I just scribbled down about 19 words on some paper which are for responding to 'How does Accenture use technology to help its clients?'

I dont know or care, tbfh, but I want this job... so I shall indulge you, app form.

I am subservient to some HTML. fml.
    HTML? Is that part of your job?

Speaking of which, what are you putting in the technical/IT skills bit? I'm sure I do have something decent to put somewhere, but I currently can't think of anything except "taught myself to create a computer game using QBasic when I was about nine because my big brother refused to teach me." I'm not sure they'd be that impressed by that.

ReputationRep:
    HTML? Is that part of your job?

Speaking of which, what are you putting in the technical/IT skills bit? I'm sure I do have something decent to put somewhere, but I currently can't think of anything except "taught myself to create a computer game using QBasic when I was about nine because my big brother refused to teach me." I'm not sure they'd be that impressed by that.
    I put in that I did some basic programming during my degree, and then that I know some basic web design techniques, plus comfortable with office etc.

I've still not completed and sent it off... I am a disaster, and it will end up getting withdrawn. fml :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I put in that I did some basic programming during my degree, and then that I know some basic web design techniques, plus comfortable with office etc.

I've still not completed and sent it off... I am a disaster, and it will end up getting withdrawn. fml :emo:
    I haven't completed it either. I'm supposed to be revising for an exam, writing a research proposal and starting an assignment. Also, I'm hungry. FML.

I don't think I have enough IT/technical skills. Do you think you could give examples of other possible things I could have done?

ReputationRep:
    Jelkin, how's Sweden?

It's JK if you're wondering! Was searching for Accenture info, and whose threads pops up, yours of course!

I've got an assessment centre with them tomorrow, nervous as it's my first one.

Had any interviews with anyone else?

JK

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.